Tough Matchup(s)! Sit Rice or Mendy for DWill? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Tough Matchup(s)! Sit Rice or Mendy for DWill?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Tough Matchup(s)! Sit Rice or Mendy for DWill?

Postby bstock123 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:25 am

Got Ray Rice and Rashard Mendenhall with my first two picks in my 12-team non-PPR league the other day, and felt pretty good about it. I think both will have a great year this year, however week 1 may be a little tough as they play each other! Rice's matchup appears the toughest, as Pit allowed only 50+ yds/game last year to RBs, and Rice had terrible stats in both Pit games last year. Mendy's matchup @ Baltimore is not much better. On my bench is DeAngelo Williams, who has a tasty matchup with Arizona (31st in pts allowed to RBs last year), albeit on the road.

My question: Do I really start DWill over one of my two studs, in week 1 of all things? Or am I over-thinking this? I also have Reggie Bush (v. NE) on my bench if you consider that an option. As always, WHIR.

12-Team Standard Scoring League (1pt/10rush/rec yards, 1pt/25 pass yds, 6 pt TD pass)
Redraft, No PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DST

QB: M. Stafford, S. Bradford
RB: R. Rice, R. Mendenhall, D. Williams, R. Bush, J. Starks
WR: H. Nicks, M. Williams (TB), J. Jones, A.J. Green
TE: A. Gates
bstock123
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Tough Matchup(s)! Sit Rice or Mendy for DWill?

Postby ATLbraves » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:25 am

As hard as their matchups are, I never sit my stud players. Wait till DeAngelo proves he is back and fully healthy before you put him in your roster.

help with mine please:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=494949
ATLbraves
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bstock123 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:56 pm

Thanks for the reply! Bump, please, for additional opinions...
bstock123
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby rclement3915 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:02 pm

I feel your pain and also have both Mendenhall and Rice in my 10 team PPR, but im starting both.

There too important to there teams to sit imo, and Williams hasnt been anything special for over a year. Arizona will likely stack the box and try to force newton to air it out.

Mendenhall may not rack up 100+ yards, but he finds the endzone and will get 20+ carries.
Rice was awful against Pit last year, but he doesnt have McGahee to steal his GL touches and is due for a breakout game( in 09 he avg 120+ all purpose yds vs pit)

stick with your studs in week 1.

help me out with my wideouts:
viewtopic.php?t=495040&start=10
rclement3915
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby KK_Cowboy » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:13 pm

Rice had an average of 3 fantasy points a game against the Steelers last year. The Ravens run D isn't quite as good, but not bad. Dwill has a much better matchup. I have Ray Rice on my team and I am sitting him for this week in favour of BGE and Blount. I know a lot of people say never sit your studs, but there are some cases where you have to make the tough decisions and roll with your backups. This is one of those times.
KK_Cowboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Who to Start/Bench