Felix Jones or Steve Johnson @ Flex Week 1? *WHIR* - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Who to Start/Bench

Felix Jones or Steve Johnson @ Flex Week 1? *WHIR*

Moderator: Football Moderators

Felix Jones or Steve Johnson @ Flex Week 1? *WHIR*

Postby cubanrob19 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:05 am

Felix would normally be my go-to for my flex position, but due to the fact that he will be running up against the Jets Defense, Im wondering if Buffalo's go-to reciever Steve Johnson would put up more fantasy points against the Chiefs....

This is my first year doing FF ... so what do you guys think?

thanks!

WHIR ... the best I can!
RECORD: 1-3
QB: J.Cutler, M.Hasselbeck, T.Tebow
RB: L.McCoy, R.Mendenhall, F.Jones, L.Tomlinson, I.Redman
WR: D.Bryant, S.Holmes, Stevie Johnson, D.Nelson, N.Washington
TE: V.Davis
K: A.Henery
D/ST: Bengals
cubanrob19 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 306
Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Felix Jones or Steve Johnson @ Flex Week 1? *WHIR*

Postby ATLbraves » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:07 am

I like Stevie Johnson this week.



help with mine please:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=495019

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=495024
Image
ATLbraves
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1200
Joined: 19 May 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Auburn, AL

Re: Felix Jones or Steve Johnson @ Flex Week 1? *WHIR*

Postby oakstreetboy » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:27 am

I'd go wtih Felix. Early in the year, I think RB's are the way to go with Flex spots, as you just don't know how often Johnson is going to get the ball. You know Felix is getting around 15-20 touches, so he's the safer pick.

Please help with mine:

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=495030
oakstreetboy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 291
(Past Year: 43)
Joined: 8 Sep 2009
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Felix Jones or Steve Johnson @ Flex Week 1? *WHIR*

Postby packerboy » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:30 am

I like Felix as Flex even with tough D

Please help with mine:

http://www.askthecommish.com/forums/viewforum.php?id=5
QB Romo & Cutler; RB: R Grant, R Mathews, F Jones, F Jackson. M Tolbert. & C Williams; WR/TE used as same: G Jennings, A Gates, M Austin, S Holmes, D Keller; Kicker: M Crosby. TD League-bonus-100 yds rushing, receiving, & 300 yard passing.
packerboy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 238
Joined: 5 Oct 2008
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Felix Jones or Steve Johnson @ Flex Week 1? *WHIR*

Postby cubanrob19 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:22 am

Felix - 2 Stevie - 1

I hear ya about Felix being the safer pick, that does make sense that he is guaranteed to touch the ball a bunch more than Johnson.

I forgot to mention, this is a 0.33 PPR, with touchdowns raking in 6 pts. Dont know if that will change anyones minds.

thanks again! Now to see if I can help you guys with your threads!
RECORD: 1-3
QB: J.Cutler, M.Hasselbeck, T.Tebow
RB: L.McCoy, R.Mendenhall, F.Jones, L.Tomlinson, I.Redman
WR: D.Bryant, S.Holmes, Stevie Johnson, D.Nelson, N.Washington
TE: V.Davis
K: A.Henery
D/ST: Bengals
cubanrob19 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 306
Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Felix Jones or Steve Johnson @ Flex Week 1? *WHIR*

Postby russellthelovemuscle » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:43 am

I think Romo will be targeting the TE and RB alot in this game...little dumps and swing passes and one of Felix's strong points. Good for ppr. I go with Felix.
QB- Luck, Palmer
WR- Dez, Bowe, Boldin, E. Sanders,
RB- Shady, R. Bush, D. Williams, G. Bernard, B.Brown, K. Hunter, B. Pierce, I. Pead
TE- Cameron
K- Akers
Def- Flavor of the week
russellthelovemuscle
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 170
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 8 Sep 2010
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Felix Jones or Steve Johnson @ Flex Week 1? *WHIR*

Postby Soopaman Luva » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:20 pm

I'm not caught up with the Felix hype, but I can definitely see Romo doing more screen passes, and also allowing Felix to get a considerable amount of touches. I think the clear choice in this one is Felix Jones, without a doubt.
10 team H2H league, standard scoring [NFL.com]
QB: A. Rogers
RB: MJD, S. Jax, J. Starks, D. Murray, M. Bush
WR: M. Wallace, B. Marshall, P. Harvin, M. Colston, L. Robinson
TE: O. Daniels, J. Gresham
DEF: Cowboys
K: Sebastian Janikowski
Soopaman Luva
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 388
Joined: 27 Sep 2008
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Felix Jones or Steve Johnson @ Flex Week 1? *WHIR*

Postby 7LEAFMAFIA » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:07 pm

I totally see everyones points for Felix; but I have had him too many times in the past seasons and gotten burnt b/c of his performance. I have major trust issues with him AND i am a cowboys fan; also, I had stevie johnson last year and lost my game sole b/c of that dropped endzone past; so I have history with both players; Jones has some risk as well; I could see a fumble coming from the jets d. Its the first week and I feel Johnson will do his thing and Jones is 40/60 - 40% chance hell be decent and 60 % chance hell get you 5 points. I say go with Johnson
7LEAFMAFIA Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader


Posts: 18
Joined: 25 Sep 2010
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Planet Freak, CA

Re: Felix Jones or Steve Johnson @ Flex Week 1? *WHIR*

Postby cubanrob19 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:44 pm

Felix: 4
Stevie: 2
RECORD: 1-3
QB: J.Cutler, M.Hasselbeck, T.Tebow
RB: L.McCoy, R.Mendenhall, F.Jones, L.Tomlinson, I.Redman
WR: D.Bryant, S.Holmes, Stevie Johnson, D.Nelson, N.Washington
TE: V.Davis
K: A.Henery
D/ST: Bengals
cubanrob19 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 306
Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Felix Jones or Steve Johnson @ Flex Week 1? *WHIR*

Postby lefman66 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:10 pm

I have to agree with a lot of statements. I think felix Jones is a solid picks for flex. Just out of curiosity, who are your starters?
lefman66
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 142
(Past Year: 99)
Joined: 30 Aug 2011
Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 23:33 hours
(and 44 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact