On the fence about my team (WHIR) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

On the fence about my team (WHIR)

Moderator: Football Moderators

On the fence about my team (WHIR)

Postby LawTiger30 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:24 am

Just drafted last night for my 12-team big money, keeper league. Pretty standard scoring, but we have an extra retention for 1 rookie, so rookies are valued higher in this league than most (hence taking Andy Dalton).

Let me know your thoughts on this roster (see below). I'm not crazy about my RBs, but I was picking 11th in a non-snake draft, and had kept A. Rodgers and Megatron from last year, so the RB crop when it got to me was somewhat thin and A. Bradshaw was the best out there.

Leave a link and I'll help you too. Thanks.

Current Roster:
QB: A. Rodgers, A. Dalton
RB: A. Bradshaw, B. Green-Ellis, R. Grant, CJ Spiller, L. Stephens-Howling
WR: C. Johnson, P. Harvin, P. Garcon, A. Roberts, A. Benn, D. Bess
TE: J. Graham, M. Lewis
K: D. Carpenter
DST: KC
LawTiger30
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: On the fence about my team (WHIR)

Postby teamrocketeer » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:53 am

I agree, your RBs are a little weak, but I do like CJ spiller and he shouldn't actually have too bad of a season this time around.

btw, starting jimmy graham this week is definitely gonna be a good idea especially since moore can't play, means more touches for graham

Also, not to insult kansas city, but their defense is gonna be weak, try picking someone that has their defense a little more set if you can find one in free agency

Overall, okay team, cept for the RBs and DEF
teamrocketeer
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Re: On the fence about my team (WHIR)

Postby mongo366 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:52 am

It's tough being in a keeper league and not having any RBs to keep. Don't get me wrong, Rodgers and C. Johnson are both great keepers, but the RB pool gets shallow very fast. The good news is that Bradshaw should produce like a RB2 and could do better than that if Jacobs struggles to convert TD chances. I expect the law-firm (BGE) to get the majority of NE's rushes to start the season, but to ultimately lose carries as the season goes on. You definitely need to look for help here by either making a trade or staying active on the free agents.

You're in good shape at all other positions, so you at least have a fighting chance each week. However, I wouldn't expect you to win the championship with your current roster.

Please take a look at my league when you get a chance. I'm trying to get a consensus on who is the team to beat.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=495050

Thanks!
mongo366
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Roster Ratings