Couple of toss ups... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Couple of toss ups...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Couple of toss ups...

Postby K.Rieske » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:52 am

I've always went with the rule, "you picked them to be your starters for a reason," but I'm a little interested in changing that

So I got 2 spots worth considering at my WR3 and RB2.
PPR = 1, TD = 7

WR: Mike Thomas (vs Ten), Julio Jones (@Chi), Nate Burelson (@TB)
RB: Mike Turner (@Chi) or Brandon Jacobs (@Was)

I liked Thomas, until Garrad cut. Jones looks nice, but it's his first game. Dunno how stingy that Tampa D will be, but I'm leaning towards Burleson with Johnson getting doubled

RB wise, Turner vs those Bears LBs isn't a good match up any day, but Jacobs shares the carries. Jacobs put up 21/152/3 against Washington in 2 games last year, so I'm torn there.
K.Rieske
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Couple of toss ups...

Postby mcrow » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:08 am

I would start Turner.

Yes, last year the bears were good against the run but their tackles are no good. Not to mention Adams is questionable this week and is already dinged up. They may endup starting a rookie at DT.
I think that the Falcons are going to smash the ball up the middle on the bears and try to expose the DTs and Nick roach at LB. Turner is also clearly the featured back where as Jacobs will be splitting carries.

I think you WRs are all about the same to me. Thomas has the best matchup but wrost QB, the other two have about equal match ups and QBs, maybe little better QB for Bruleson.

If I had to pick, I'd go with Julio Jones because I see the Bears defense as potentially on the down slide and as big as Jones is he's going to be a red zone threat.
Fantasy record last 2 seasons: 18-12 (HtH)
PPW: 95 (league average 90)
Championships: 1
mcrow
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Who to Start/Bench