Drop Daniel Thomas and Pick Up McGahee - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Drop Daniel Thomas and Pick Up McGahee

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Drop Daniel Thomas and Pick Up McGahee

Postby inSANITyFootball » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:19 pm

c0megets0me wrote:
bazzy_51 wrote:Thomas is the better pick in anything related to a PPR league. McGahee may vulture some short yardage situations, but I don't see anything related to the years he had in Baltimore. Thomas is the starter, even with a shaky preseason the Phins know hes the future and will stick with him.

Best case for McGahee is a Moreno injury, which is very possible, but I'd rather stick my neck out for something that will happen, rather then something that may happen.

I think your going to be suprised when Bush takes the #1 spot and keep it. I think your lookin at Thomas with your Dolphin fan goggles on.

I know this wasn't directed at me but thought you might want to know that I'm a jets fan
inSANITyFootball
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheSmartPlay » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:24 pm

inSANITyFootball wrote:
Hoosierdad wrote:
inSANITyFootball wrote:
Sorry but if you are even considering doing this you should quit FF.

I'm not sure that's at all true. I wouldn't drop Thomas, but are you saying that is it clear that Thomas will have more fantasy points than McGahee this year? I don't think that's anywhere near a sure thing.

Its not a sure thing, but if you drafted thomas you obviously picked him pretty high, draft value wise McGahee was 4 rounds later. If you didn't want thomas to begin with you should have drafted someone else and waited on another running back, get what Im saying? With Bush injury risk, Thomas is a guy you should keep on your roster.

Im sure there is someone else on your team you could drop.

In my draft, he was drafted quite late actually. After my draft, his stock dropped and the rumbling on the street is that he may even be pushed to the third back so yeah I am seriously considering dropping him for McGahee.

After all the thoughtful responses, I believe I'm getting closer to a decision.

Thanks all for the great input.
TheSmartPlay
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby c0megets0me » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:42 pm

I clearly dont think Thomas is going to be the man while bush is in town, but bush has been known to get hurt so I would still keep Thomas.
ROSTER/8 team standard scoring
QB-M.Ryan/M.Vick
RB-T.Richardson/S.Jax/L.Miller/E.Lacy/Mathews
WR-Megatron/Fitz/Amendola/H.Nicks
FLEX- RB/WR
TE-J.Camron/J.Thomas
c0megets0me
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions