Need help from a CBS Commissioner - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Need help from a CBS Commissioner

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need help from a CBS Commissioner

Postby kingmike74 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:50 pm

So I am trying to set my waiver process up and below is a link to the screen shot I took to what I am seeing.

What days should be check marked and why?

I would like guys to come off waivers late Monday night, early Tuesday rather than waiting until Wednesday per CBS leagues.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/ ... 74/1-8.jpg
kingmike74
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Need help from a CBS Commissioner

Postby Cards24 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:45 pm

After 8 years of CBS we left and decided to go with MFL this year. If I can remember correctly unchecking Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, and Sat should do the trick (under waivers run).
Best Damn Fantasy Football League
Cards24
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigmck » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:26 pm

kingmike74 wrote:So I am trying to set my waiver process up and below is a link to the screen shot I took to what I am seeing.

What days should be check marked and why?

I would like guys to come off waivers late Monday night, early Tuesday rather than waiting until Wednesday per CBS leagues.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/ ... 74/1-8.jpg

You don't want waivers to run on the days there are games. If you run them on Sunday, the players will not be dropped then because they are in a game. == If you have them run on Tuesday night / Wednesday early AM, it will give everyone a chance on Tuesday to place their Waiver add/drop on that day and then on Wednesday all players will be Free Agents. I am not sure if you need to check Tuesday or Wednsday to make that happen, but don't run them on days there are games.
bigmck
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Cards24 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:33 pm

That is correct, I think by default CBS wont let you clear waivers on game days anyway. The earliest you can clear is Tuesday (leaving unchecked).
Best Damn Fantasy Football League
Cards24
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby kingmike74 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:42 pm

I checked Devry Henderson this morning and he is on waivers until next Wednesday. I unchecked Tuesday to see what that did and now Devry comes off waivers Thursday so I do not know what to think.
kingmike74
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 9)

Postby bigmck » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:00 pm

I use CBS for baseball, not football. In baseball the day you check is the day waivers run. I assume football is the same. If you put a checkmark in Wednesday, the waivers will run early Wednesday morning. That will give everyone all day Tuesday to put in their waiver picks. I prefer a two day period. If that is what you want check Thursday only. This will give everyone all day Tuesday and Wednesday to put in their waiver claims and they run early AM Thursday.
bigmck
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)

Return to Commissioner's Corner