Yahoo Tackles for Loss - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Yahoo Tackles for Loss

Moderator: Football Moderators

Yahoo Tackles for Loss

Postby Ek » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:10 pm

Hey guys - quick question for Yahoo players, WHIR if necessary. Also, this may be one for the genie. Yahoo added tackles for loss as a team defense stat, but I didn't see during tonight's game - is a sack considered just a sack, or a sack AND a tackle for loss for their purposes? If it is the latter, I'll have to reduce my sack points by the amount scored for a TFL so that the play will be worth the same as before.

Thanks!
Ek
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Yahoo Tackles for Loss

Postby Chicago 2 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:58 pm

Ek wrote:Hey guys - quick question for Yahoo players, WHIR if necessary. Also, this may be one for the genie. Yahoo added tackles for loss as a team defense stat, but I didn't see during tonight's game - is a sack considered just a sack, or a sack AND a tackle for loss for their purposes? If it is the latter, I'll have to reduce my sack points by the amount scored for a TFL so that the play will be worth the same as before.

Thanks!

A sack is considered a sack, not the most legitimate source but I suspected this was the case before researching. Source

A tackle is known as a quarterback sack when the quarterback is tackled behind the line of scrimmage while attempting to throw a pass. A tackle for loss indicates a tackle that causes a loss of yardage for the opposing running back or wide receiver. A sack does not count as a tackle for loss. When a player who does not have the ball is taken down it is generally referred to as a block.
Chicago 2
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner