Drop someone for Sproles? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Drop someone for Sproles? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Drop someone for Sproles? WHIR

Postby schmidty » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:48 pm

10-team redraft. Normal scoring except PPR and 1 point per 25 return yards. We start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, K, DEF

QB: Roethlisberger, Bradford
RB: Chris Johnson, Hillis, Best, Reggie Bush
WR: Calvin Johnson, Marshall, Welker, Holmes, Ford
TE: Hernandez, Pettigrew
K: Gostkowski
DEF: Falcons

Picking up Sproles is tempting (especially with PPR and return yardage). Though there are limited options that I see. I could drop Ford, but only having 4 WRs when I have to start 3 feels like running a bit light - plus Ford figures to be involved in the return game (currently listed as #1 for kickoffs and punts), so his value is actually pretty high in this league. It probably comes down to a TE - but I'm unsure which one is actually better, and it would be helpful to see how their teams use them in real games. Or I could do nothing - maybe 5 RBs is overkill in a league where you can only start 2. Though there's something to be said for keeping value out of your opponents hands.

Leave a link and I'll help with yours
schmidty
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 22)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Drop someone for Sproles? WHIR

Postby omikron » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:15 am

I don't think its worth it to snatch him up. If anything, I'd be trading some of your bench RBs and WRs to grab an elite player
omikron
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby default01 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:57 am

I'd go with the best player, which is Sproles.

I know that leaves you a little thin at WR, but I would think that in a 10 team league there are at least 5 WRs still available that are comparable to Ford.

Eventually, I'd probably get rid of one of those TEs, but I think Ford is the most expendable for now.

Help with these WRs? http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=495283
default01
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 71)

Postby zechs » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:27 am

I don't see how you'd start Sproles over your other RBs on any given week (unless you'll have bye week concerns). If you really want him, you can drop Pettigrew. Backup fantasy TEs are/should be a dime a dozen in your league.
14tm. PPR+IDP+return-yds. league
QB-Cam
RB-Shady,DMartin WR-JulioJ,Colston,VJax
TE-Finley K & IDP-[streaming]
BN-JStewart,MReece,Britt,Amendola,BMyers,Kaepernick,BryceB
zechs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby bdk140 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:01 pm

if anything like sproles better then reggie bush but some rb injury risks with hilllis and best,wait to see how bush plays if possible. keep ford need that depth at wr
bdk140
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby thepsychic » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:54 pm

I'd drop hernandez for sproles in a flash. I don't like carrying two TEs especially in your format w/o a flex spot

help: viewtopic.php?t=495385
thepsychic
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby schmidty » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:38 pm

Thanks for the help. The question doesn't really matter - while I was debating whether to add Sproles, someone else did it :-D And that's ok ... if I was really enthusiastic about getting him, I would've done it. No doubt Sproles is a great fit for many PPR teams. But this league is so shallow, and the benches so small, that I don't think I can justify carrying any RB who isn't their team's RB1. The waiver wire is full of handcuffs, injuries will happen, and there will be many more chances to get a RB if I so desire. With only 2 starting RBs and already having 4 RB1's who could be PPR gold, I didn't see the need.

However, I just saw another drop that does have seriously thinking - it's a WR this time, and experience with this league has taught me they're much more valuable. If you want to help, check it out: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=495447 As always, I'll help in return.
schmidty
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 22)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions