Which R/W flex if Foster doesn't go? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Which R/W flex if Foster doesn't go? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Which R/W flex if Foster doesn't go? WHIR

Postby schmidty » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:58 pm

This is 0.5 PPR, otherwise normal scoring (though we get a bonus point for a 100+ yard game). A tiny bit of fortune in the bad luck for Foster owners is that this Sunday's game is an early one. If he starts, I'm starting him. If he's out, my originally scheduled R/W guy (Best) slides into the RB spot. So in this worst-case scenario, who do I play at the flex? Warning ... none of the options are for the faint of heart! :-o

Ward vs Indy
Ochocinco @ Miami
Mike Thomas vs Tenn
Jacobs @ Wash
McGahee vs Oak

And please don't tell me "Ward's not the handcuff idiot! Gotta pick up Tate!" Tate was drafted by another team ... Ward's the best I could do.

Leave a link and I'll answer yours!
schmidty
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 22)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Which R/W flex if Foster doesn't go? WHIR

Postby SlowMotionRiot » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:34 am

schmidty wrote:This is 0.5 PPR, otherwise normal scoring (though we get a bonus point for a 100+ yard game).Warning ... none of the options are for the faint of heart! :-o

You were not kidding. Going forward this season; I like Thomas, I think he'll have a much more of an impact this year compared to Chad and Hines(congrats for having the 2004 AFC pro bowl wideout tandem).

That being said, I'd start Chad week one. I like his odds on getting a TD; more than MT and Ward, anyways. I think the Titans will try to shut out MT and that the Steelers are probably going to try to run on the Colts. Hopefully Foster comes back soon.
SlowMotionRiot
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby redbeard86 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:20 am

Ochocinco could be a good start in Miami, but i actually really like McGahee this year. With John Fox in charge of that team, they will run the ball A LOT. Also McGahee has been noted to be the goal line back. Either of those two really.... with the PPR leaning towards Ochocinco
redbeard86
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 7)

Postby drhanl » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:22 am

McGahee, for sure. The 0.5 PPR is not enough to factor into a decision in this one. McGahee is the much stronger bet to score, and a situation like this I generally go with the guy with the best chance of a TD. That is clearly McGahee.

Thanks
Good luck!
drhanl
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 65)

Postby cubanrob19 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:04 am

I think you'll do fine with either McGahee or 8-5 ... although, I would prob put in 8-5 cause he has something to prove and he has the QB that can easily get him in the endzone!

Best of luck!

Help a brotha out ...
viewtopic.php?t=495025
RECORD: 1-3
QB: J.Cutler, M.Hasselbeck, T.Tebow
RB: L.McCoy, R.Mendenhall, F.Jones, L.Tomlinson, I.Redman
WR: D.Bryant, S.Holmes, Stevie Johnson, D.Nelson, N.Washington
TE: V.Davis
K: A.Henery
D/ST: Bengals
cubanrob19 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby packerboy » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:14 am

I think foster will start but if you have to MacGahee

Please help

viewtopic.php?t=495319
QB Romo & Cutler; RB: R Grant, R Mathews, F Jones, F Jackson. M Tolbert. & C Williams; WR/TE used as same: G Jennings, A Gates, M Austin, S Holmes, D Keller; Kicker: M Crosby. TD League-bonus-100 yds rushing, receiving, & 300 yard passing.
packerboy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby thepsychic » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:07 pm

Thanks for your help

You have a pretty tough decision. I like Ward if Arian Foster is out this week, but its hard to go with the unknown. In general, I'd go with a RB over a WR for a flex spot so I'd go with Mcgahee or Jacobs. I've read good things about Jacobs and I think he gets a few more touches than Mcgahee in week1... but it's really a toss up between the two for me.
thepsychic
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby ICanGoAllTheWay » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:11 pm

schmidty wrote:This is 0.5 PPR, otherwise normal scoring (though we get a bonus point for a 100+ yard game). A tiny bit of fortune in the bad luck for Foster owners is that this Sunday's game is an early one. If he starts, I'm starting him. If he's out, my originally scheduled R/W guy (Best) slides into the RB spot. So in this worst-case scenario, who do I play at the flex? Warning ... none of the options are for the faint of heart! :-o

Ward vs Indy
Ochocinco @ Miami
Mike Thomas vs Tenn
Jacobs @ Wash
McGahee vs Oak

And please don't tell me "Ward's not the handcuff idiot! Gotta pick up Tate!" Tate was drafted by another team ... Ward's the best I could do.

Tough choices. I'd lean towards Ochocinco, just because he is a starter. I'm not sure how many carries Derrick Ward gets with Ben Tate stealing carries. Tough to gauge how many carries McGahee and Jacobs get since they aren't the lead back on their team. And I wouldn't touch Mike Thomas, now that they cut David Garrard. I think Ochocinco is your safest bet.

Help Me Out:
viewtopic.php?t=495386
ICanGoAllTheWay
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Who to Start/Bench