Collie or Nelson? Edwards or Henderson? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Collie or Nelson? Edwards or Henderson?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Collie or Nelson? Edwards or Henderson?

Postby default01 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:15 am

Where would you place the value of Austin Collie in the group of receivers that had great games tonight? What about Braylon Edwards?

Available in 10 team:
J. Nelson
R. Meachem

Available in 12 team:
D. Henderson
R. Cobb

I've got 2 leagues that I'm trying to gauge values in.

12 team league - 0.5 PPR - QB,2RB,2WR,W/R,TE,D/ST,K
QB: M. Stafford, J. Freeman
RB: L. McCoy, P. Hillis, J. Addai, M. Lynch, D. Woodhead, D. Sproles
WR: R. Wayne, M. Manningham, A. Collie, B. Edwards
TE: J. Witten
D/ST: Cleveland (vs CIN week 1)
K:

In this league I'm leaning toward keeping what I have and dropping either Woodhead or Edwards for a kicker after Sproles' solid game.

10 team league - 0.5 PPR - QB,2RB,2WR,W/R,TE,D/ST,K
QB: M. Stafford, K. Kolb
RB: L. McCoy, K. Moreno, J. Best, T. Hightower, J. Starks, D. Sproles
WR: C. Johnson, R. Wayne, B. Marshall, A. Collie
TE: J. Witten
D/ST: Cleveland (vs CIN week 1)
K:

In this league, I'm leaning toward dropping Collie for Nelson. Basically, would you rather have Rodgers' WR2 or Kerry Collins' WR2? Kolb is probably getting dropped for a kicker here.
default01
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 71)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Collie or Nelson? Edwards or Henderson?

Postby schmidty » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:37 am

Honestly, it's hard to answer a question about Collie's value right now without seeing how the Collins-led Colts run the offense. Though Collie was someone I was not high on leading up to this season (not even considering Peyton's health) ... in my drafts, he always went at a price I wasn't willing to spend. With his concussion history he's going to be treated carefully (and his style lends itself to him taking hits). I just don't see a lot of games left for him.

Don't go overboard with ranking the WRs that played tonight though. Nelson's the only one I'd consider over Collie. I fear the Saints WRs will frustrate with trying to guess who will have the big game next - you can't count on the Saints being behind by multiple TDs too many more games.
schmidty
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 22)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 2b-or-not-2b » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:48 am

I think GB will score more than the Saints. The Saints are the epitome of WR by committee. They will throw but can you really count on who it will go to from week to week? If you can afford to have roller coaster production from one of our WRs then pick a Saint, any Saint.

As fantasy owners we can count on Brees but it's tough to count on any single Saint WR to consistently produce.

I think the Saint's plan will be to get a lead and use Ingram. GB seems to keep throwing, regardless of the lead. That said I would take a GB WR that gets playing time over a Saint WR.

On the Collie front. The Colts are at a crossroads. Will they pull together or will they fall apart? Collie is talented but has concussion issues. Manning changes everything. I have Dallas Clark. I'm certainly hoping for the best but only time will tell. If you have another descent option in a stable situation I would go that route over Collie.

BTW - I see that you are heavily invested in Stafford. I sure hope you are right. Stafford just became my starter now that Manning is out.

Good luck!!
2b-or-not-2b
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby bdk140 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:57 pm

drop woodhead for a kicker as you need depth at wr, keep an eye on dezmon briscoe and antonio brown for sleeper wr

nelson is nice play and might get swooped up soon but i would wait for collie to play as he is dangerous and kerry collins isnt manning but he did some good with kenny britt
bdk140
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions