12 team PPR, think I did good - WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

12 team PPR, think I did good - WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

12 team PPR, think I did good - WHIR

Postby milostyl » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:26 am

12 team PPR, standard scoring for yards and TDs

QB - Aaron Rodgers
RB1 - LeGarrette Blount
RB2 - DeAngelo Williams
WR1 - Andre Johnson
WR2 - Reggie Wayne
Flex - Anquan Boldin
TE - Vernon Davis
K - Robbie Gould
D - New York Giants

Bench - Cam Newton, Brandon Jacobs, Johnathan Stewart, Daniel Thomas, Julio Jones, Michael Crabtree

I drafted 5th and took Andre and could not believe Aaron Rodgers was still sitting there when it came back to me in the 2nd round. Tom Brady, Micahel Vick and Phillip Rivers all went before Rodgers. I had to take Blount as the best RB1 left in the 3rd, then snagged Wayne in the 4th and DeAngelo in the 5th. Boldin was still sitting there in the 6th, again wow! I feel like I cleaned up in this draft and my league raised the stakes so I was really surprised so many bad picks set me up.

I feel like I should be using one of my receivers as trade bait to shore up my RB situation but not sure. Any opinions are appreciated.
milostyl
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 12 team PPR, think I did good - WHIR

Postby default01 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:53 am

I think you got some great values in the 4th - 6th round, but don't really like the start.

In a PPR league, there are at least 6 RBs I'm taking before considering AJ. I also drafted 5th and got McCoy.

Rodgers was a good value but I'd rather wait for a QB this year. It's not a bad pick, just not my preference.

I don't like Blount at 3.5 in a PPR. If it was non-PPR, he'd belong there.

I'd try to trade Boldin and one of your bench RBs for someone like Moreno, Best, or maybe Hightower.
default01
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 71)

Postby mgriff480 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:08 am

I agree with default 01 mostly. I think in a PPR someone like a Ray Rice or Lesean McCoy would have been a monster pick at 5, but to each his own. AJ will score you a ton of points this season. Like default01, I am also an advocate of the "wait for a QB" philosophy this year, but If he dropped to the second round I would have had a very tough time not grabbing him. Did you see him last night? He looks like he has entered a universe of his own. Definitely more than worth a second round pick. I think Blount will have a huge year and he does catch the ball out of the backfield. Maybe not widely considered a RB1, but I personally believe he will be. Your WR corps is great. In a PPR league I love a guy like Wayne this year. With Manning out, many believe he stock has drastically dropped and it may have some, but Kerry Collins is pretty competent at the QB position and he will be leaning on Wayne early and often. Also, with Lee Evans now in Baltimore to help spread defenses, I think Anquan Boldin has a great year and ends up somewhere in the 90 catch range. So, in my humble opinion, I think you made some solid picks and should be very competitive this year.
mgriff480
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby milostyl » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:32 am

Good points guys, thanks for the feedback.

I do think I pulled the trigger on AJ early and if I would have taken anyone else it would have been McCoy but I couldn't help it. I had AJ last year, he is just too consistently reliable... well with the exception of the playoffs last year when I luckily grabbed Jacoby Jones off the waiver wire and plugged him in. Ray Rice was already gone or that would have been an easy decision.

When the 2nd got to me, I had planned on covering up for an early WR pick by taking a PPR RB, MJD was still sitting there, Steven Jackson... but Rodgers falling that far had me change my whole plan up. I ran through 7 QBs last year because I took Romo and he killed me early. I just couldn't pass up Rodgers with the 20th pick overall.
milostyl
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mcrow » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:26 am

The team looks decent.

I'm not a big fan of the Blount pick, I don't think he'll do any better than last year and that will make his value les than most rankings. Many people are projecting a big increase in his production, I don't see that happening.

IMO, your RBs are weak. Williams is probably going to be your best RB and he's fragile, but at least you have the cuff.

I think you are wasting a roster spot with Camoe Newton.

However, the QB pick was great and have a stud WR group.

Your defense isn't good. My strategy here would be to install a waiver wire defense from week to week. This week, I'd probably go with Cleveland's defense.
Fantasy record last 2 seasons: 18-12 (HtH)
PPW: 95 (league average 90)
Championships: 1
mcrow
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby milostyl » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:13 am

Agreed on Blount, he's a risk. Graham is the goal line back but he put up 1000 yards as a rookie and that was with Caddy sharing time despite injury. I just think Tampa is sold on him as there RB1 and will use him a lot, plus I watched him play in college. Counting out the fact he sat out most of his last year for punching some dude, if you watched him run last year... you know he's trying to make up for that.

I use a different D and K every week just about. I play the matchups. I originally picked Miami but they got NE on Monday night. Don't trust it. I grabbed the Giants for the simple fact they play Washington and I see a low scoring game there. If anything a few sacks, maybe 5, 6 picks off horrible Grossman. I'm playing it safe. At worst, Beck comes in second half and blows it up but with tiny Santana Moss double covered and pressure storming on him I don't see that happening.
milostyl
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Roster Ratings