Is this a good trade for Brees? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Is this a good trade for Brees?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Is this a good trade for Brees?

Postby Vobs56 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:33 am

I was originally offered Drew Brees for my Percy Harvin from a guy that accidentally drafted both Drew Brees and Tom Brady. I accepted the trade but it was vetoed by the other owners. I am trying to rework the deal so it passes the voting process. Would this be a good trade for me:

I would be SENDING him: Percy Harvin, Jonathan Stewart and Matt Cassel
and
I would be RECEIVING: Drew Brees and Michael Bush

Should I propose this trade? I already have Ben Roethlisberger but plan on trading him for a WR to be a flex guy due to Percy Harvin's potential departure. I also have Greg Jennings, Dez Bryant and Steve Smith (Car) at WR and Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte and Knowshon Moreno at RB. The league is H2H.

What do you guys think? Any help or opinions would be greatly appreciated!
Vobs56
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Is this a good trade for Brees?

Postby fuzzeemonkey » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:43 am

I think your league is lame for veto'ing a trade that two teams believe with help them both. Trades are about improving your team and if makes it worse for the rest of the league that's great. Anyhow...send the offer imo.
fuzzeemonkey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Chicago 2 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:55 am

fuzzeemonkey wrote:I think your league is lame for veto'ing a trade that two teams believe with help them both. Trades are about improving your team and if makes it worse for the rest of the league that's great. Anyhow...send the offer imo.

That's the problem with the veto system, people immediately look at the names instead of the entire picture. If two teams want to trade, let them trade. Of course there are exceptions that do need to be vetoed, we've all come across them.

If they vetoed Brees for Harvin, I have a hard time seeing your leauge letting your other proposal go through unfortunately. I would explain the reason for the deal to your league, otherwise your going to end up having to throw in a better player like Bryant most likely, in which case forget about it.
Chicago 2
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby Louis Boomer » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:56 am

yea your deep at running back id say go for it.
12 team/standard
2qb/3wr/3rb/1te/1flex/1k/1def

QB1: Romo-QB2: Schaub
WR1: Marshall-WR2: Lloyd-WR3: Moss
RB1: McCoy-RB2: MJD-RB3: FJax
TE: Winslow
FLEX: Mcgahee
K: Cundiff
DEF: PHI
BENCH: Newton, Starks, Tate, Spiller, Henderson, Amendola, Cobb, Watson
Louis Boomer
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Vobs56 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:10 am

thanks guys! i sent out the trade in hopes it gets accept and goes through. it's a league with a pretty decent payout with the league fee set at $75 per team so everyone is super hesitant, but still, the guy is trying to dig himself out of a hole and only has ochocinco, welker and branch as his top 3 receivers, meanwhile he has both brady and brees. as far as i see it, it's not his fault for other teams shooting down his proposals because they already have their starting qb and have no need for brees and would not want to downgrade their rb/wr spots to have 2 great qb's. everyone's been ripping on this guy for being a loyal pats fan and drafting pretty much everyone on the pats but he's still trying to make offers to make things work. i think it's bs. dude should get a shot since he missed the draft.
Vobs56
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby fuzzeemonkey » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:18 am

Vobs56 wrote:thanks guys! i sent out the trade in hopes it gets accept and goes through. it's a league with a pretty decent payout with the league fee set at $75 per team so everyone is super hesitant, but still, the guy is trying to dig himself out of a hole and only has ochocinco, welker and branch as his top 3 receivers, meanwhile he has both brady and brees. as far as i see it, it's not his fault for other teams shooting down his proposals because they already have their starting qb and have no need for brees and would not want to downgrade their rb/wr spots to have 2 great qb's. everyone's been ripping on this guy for being a loyal pats fan and drafting pretty much everyone on the pats but he's still trying to make offers to make things work. i think it's bs. dude should get a shot since he missed the draft.

Aha, it's a money league. People always fear collusion in money league with stuff like this. I would straight out ask the league what they think would be a fair trade if they decide to veto this one again. Obviously he's trying to improve at WR and you at QB. You should both be allowed to do so and you need to make that clear to them as well. They are free to trade him a WR for Brees but as you said they don't feel their teams need it. I do find it hard to believe that no other team in the league would be interested in acquiring Brees though.
fuzzeemonkey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions