Moderator: Football Moderators

WR Help! **WHIR**

Postby prophecy135 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:21 pm

Need to start 2 WR's in a standard non ppr league. Options are:

Dez Bryant @ NYJ
Jeremy Maclin @ StL
Julio Jones vs. CHI
Nate Burleson @ TBB

Also need a flex if Foster doesnt go. Options are the left over WR's from above and Ben Tate vs. IND

What do you guys think? Leave a link and I'll help!!!
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: WR Help! **WHIR**

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:43 pm

Like Maclin the best, and even though it's a pretty low floor I still think Bryant is probably your No. 2. Burleson has an undetermined role and could easily be the fourth/fifth receiving option on that Lions team, and even though Dez could have Revis on him for part or all of the game, I'd still bank on him scoring over those other two guys, and if Austin draws Revis (quite possible), then Bryant could really be OK imo. Just don't think you can start Julio just yet ...

As for flex, I'd start Tate if Foster is INACTIVE. If he's just questionable and still could play by Sunday morning, then I'd probably throw Burleson out there instead of Tate ...
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby cubanrob19 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:48 pm

I would go with Maclin & Bryant. Im in a toss up with Bryant as well, but I still think he will get a good number of looks, it all depends on who is covering him!

And if Foster is out, Ben Tate is going to run all over the Colts!

Best of luck!

Help a brotha out ...
viewtopic.php?t=495348
RECORD: 1-3
QB: J.Cutler, M.Hasselbeck, T.Tebow
RB: L.McCoy, R.Mendenhall, F.Jones, L.Tomlinson, I.Redman
WR: D.Bryant, S.Holmes, Stevie Johnson, D.Nelson, N.Washington
TE: V.Davis
K: A.Henery
D/ST: Bengals
cubanrob19 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Aggiesdu » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:53 pm

I would go with Maclin. Even though hes is coming off an illnes I think he will light it up. I also think that he will need to share the passes with DJ becuase he will have double coverage.
JJ i would go with too. Being that I am a huge chicago fan, I do not have much faith in the bears opener.

Good luck amigo
Aggiesdu
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby idrive300 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:55 pm

Maclin is in a great offense and I think he will be solid. Jones too looks to have a break-out game with his huge height advantage over his coverage. I think Bryant will have his hands full of the sticky Cromarte so I would stay away from him in week 1.
idrive300
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby The LiL GianT » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:59 pm

Maclin and Bryant

Jones if Foster Starts
The LiL GianT
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby prophecy135 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:01 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:Like Maclin the best, and even though it's a pretty low floor I still think Bryant is probably your No. 2. Burleson has an undetermined role and could easily be the fourth/fifth receiving option on that Lions team, and even though Dez could have Revis on him for part or all of the game, I'd still bank on him scoring over those other two guys, and if Austin draws Revis (quite possible), then Bryant could really be OK imo. Just don't think you can start Julio just yet ...

As for flex, I'd start Tate if Foster is INACTIVE. If he's just questionable and still could play by Sunday morning, then I'd probably throw Burleson out there instead of Tate ...

so say foster's active, I think I have to play him, even if he may be in a limited capacity over the other WR's right??
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Postby Aggiesdu » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:17 pm

yes that is the way to go. It will be a sunday call
Aggiesdu
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby twes » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:25 pm

Go with Maclin and Dez for your starting two receivers. Jones in the flex is Foster doesnt start.

Wait till tomorrow/early sunday to make the call on Foster though.

Help with mine? viewtopic.php?f=19&t=495375
2011-2012 Des Moines Fantasy Football League Champion
12-4 overall record.
twes
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 4)

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:44 pm

prophecy135 wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:Like Maclin the best, and even though it's a pretty low floor I still think Bryant is probably your No. 2. Burleson has an undetermined role and could easily be the fourth/fifth receiving option on that Lions team, and even though Dez could have Revis on him for part or all of the game, I'd still bank on him scoring over those other two guys, and if Austin draws Revis (quite possible), then Bryant could really be OK imo. Just don't think you can start Julio just yet ...

so say foster's active, I think I have to play him, even if he may be in a limited capacity over the other WR's right??

Yeah, I think so ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Who to Start/Bench