Drop Daniel Thomas for any of these RBs? =Whir= - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Drop Daniel Thomas for any of these RBs? =Whir=

Moderator: Football Moderators

Drop Daniel Thomas for any of these RBs? =Whir=

Postby thepsychic » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:03 pm

I haven't been reading very positive reports coming out of Miami on Daniel Thomas. It just seems like he has a lot to learn still. Is it worth dropping him and taking a flier on any of the following RBs?

Roy Helu
Delone Carter
Montario Hardesty
Deji Karim
Derrick Ward

I'm looking long term value, not just a sub for week 1 and 2.

Thanks in advance!
thepsychic
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Drop Daniel Thomas for any of these RBs? =Whir=

Postby Indibuck » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:06 pm

It's probably a little early to give up on Thomas. I have heard the same reports you have, and it's not encouraging... but give him a few weeks. Remember, a very abbreviated off-season schedule really hurts the rookies. He will get his shots, but he may not pay off until further down the road this season.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby quikzy » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:55 pm

Thanks for the help.

As for your situation, I'd recommend you stand pat. All of the RBs you've listed are simply handcuffs and would take a serious injury for any of them to have any significant value, whereas Daniel Thomas will have a legit opportunity alongside Reggie Bush to be the lead back. So yeah just wait a few weeks and see how Thomas does before making any decisions.
quikzy
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Conrax » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:17 pm

I gotta agree with the others. Right stand pat, none of the backs you listed will be doing much unless the primary back for those teams goes down. Thomas should get some carries could possibly end up being the goal-line back, but just watch the Miami game Sunday and see how they use him and after that game people will have a better understanding of what will happen with that situation. All we really know right now is that Bush is the primary RB in Miami for the moment.
Conrax
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)

Postby dtownsound8 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:53 pm

I'm truely not high on Thomas myself but I like him better than the options you listed. Mind you most of them are one injury away from becoming the starter in a great situation but currently Thomas has more value.

If you made a move there you'd be rolling the dice hoping for an injury to bump your WW pickup to the lead role
dtownsound8
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 19)

Postby schmidty » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:51 pm

I just have the same thing to say ... no. Do you think Reggie Bush can last being his team's first RB option? Nope, neither do I. Plus, even though we haven't seen the Dolphins yet, I get the sense that Thomas has more value as is compared to all those other guys. The Dolphins would have to be fools to not limit Reggie's touches.
schmidty
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 22)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Osk » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:54 pm

Asbolutely not. Thomas will be the starter sooner rather than later. I don't know how good he is, but he'll start before any of those other options do.
Osk
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 20)

Postby c0megets0me » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:02 pm

I dont think Thomas is going to start as long as Bush is in Miami. However if Bush gets hurt then thomas could be a decent match up play. Your right about Thomas not being very impressive. Looks like he SUCKS from the preseason preview.
ROSTER/8 team standard scoring
QB-M.Ryan/M.Vick
RB-T.Richardson/S.Jax/L.Miller/E.Lacy/Mathews
WR-Megatron/Fitz/Amendola/H.Nicks
FLEX- RB/WR
TE-J.Camron/J.Thomas
c0megets0me
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions