Sit/Start and Roster ? Combined - WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Sit/Start and Roster ? Combined - WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Sit/Start and Roster ? Combined - WHIR

Postby BearsFan65 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:21 pm

12 team PPR, TD passes = 6. Start QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, DST and K each week. My roster:

QB - Ryan
RB - Rice, Felix, B Jacobs, M Bush
WR - M Wallace, S Holmes, K Britt, D Amendola, J Ford
TE - Daniels
K - Bironas
DST - Chicago

The question is about the Bears D. I like the Bears this year; I think the Meriweather pickup was nice, and I think as always they'll generate turnovers. Oh, and that Hester guy on punt returns is pretty good too. But now I'm looking at the schedule, and thinking "uh oh": week 1 v ATL, wk 2 @ NO, wk 3 v GB. Not exactly a soft schedule. Meantime, a couple of undrafted DST's are sitting there:

Arizona - CAR, @ WAS, @ SEA
Cleveland - CIN, @ IND, MIA

...along with a bunch of DST's with really nice week 1 matchups. So the question: do I stay with the Bears D, drop them for a better week 1 (or 1-3) matchup and try to snag them later, or drop a position player and carry two DST's? Notice the benches are really short, we only get 13 roster spots and 9 are starters each week. If the answer is change DST's, which one? Tasty week 1 matchups for Houston (v IND) and SF (v SEA) are out there too. WHIR, thanks!
BearsFan65
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 45)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Sit/Start and Roster ? Combined - WHIR

Postby enasnidx » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:49 pm

You definately can NOT afford to roster 2 D's over a position player. I like the Bears for the season. I think they will be top 10. If you had a worse team, I would say play the matchup each week. I'd ride it out with the Bears though.

Help?
viewtopic.php?t=495387
enasnidx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: Sit/Start and Roster ? Combined - WHIR

Postby NYjets18241 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:45 pm

yeah you dont wanna carry 2 DST and you dont wanna drop the bears and risk someone else picking them up. Stick with the Bears
J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!
NYjets18241
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Who to Start/Bench