Rate My Team. CBS Snake Draft. Last pick - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Rate My Team. CBS Snake Draft. Last pick

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rate My Team. CBS Snake Draft. Last pick

Postby SouthernBallers » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:32 pm

8 Person League. Scoring as follows

Passing:
Each TD = 6
Every 10 yards = 10
Each Int = -2
Rushing:
Each TD = 6
Every 10yards = 1
Each 40+ yard TD = 2
Receiving:
Each TD = 6
Every 10yards = 1
Kicking:
Each extra point = 1
Each 1-29 yard FG = 2
Each 30-39 yard FG = 3
Each 40-49 yard FG = 4
Each 50+ yard FG = 5

This is my team in a 8 person league. Here's how it's scored and we start 1.QB 2.RB's 2.WR's 1.Flex WR/TE/RB 1. TE Kicker and defense

Ben Rothelisberger
Jamaal Charles RB
Felix Jones Rb
Calvin Johnson WR
Jeremy Maclin WR
Wes Welker RB/WR/TE
Antonio Gates TE
Janikowski K
Jets Def

Reserves..
Kevin Kolb QB
Fred Jackson RB
Austin Collie WR
Lance Kendricks TE
Beanie Wells RB
Mercedes Lewis TE

Also Hightower is still available. I've been doing some reading on D.Carter possibly breaking out now that Peyton Manning is out. Opinions/Advice will be appreciated.
SouthernBallers
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate My Team. CBS Snake Draft. Last pick

Postby Beast! » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:27 am

I like Roethlisberger to put up bigger fantasy numbers than he's used to this year, so you'll be good there.

Jamaal Charles will be a top 3 back this year if he doesn't get hurt. Of that, I am almost certain.

I'm not sold on Felix Jones, but he could be alright. You said Hightower is available. I'd snag him and drop a TE. All 3 you have are good but I don't think you really need to carry 3 TEs, even if they are available to use in the Flex spot.

Obviously Megatron is a stud.

It doesn't appear to be a PPR league, so Wes Welker may not be super strong here. Who is out there for WRs? Outside of Johnson and Maclin, I'm not sure about the strength of your WRs. Austin Collie is another player I don't really believe in, especially with Peyton Manning being out for possibly the rest of his life.

Delone Carter will be a good pickup because you know Addai will get hurt. The Colts will probably lean pretty heavily on the running game, even though Kerry Collins is a decent QB.

I like your TEs a lot. However, seeing as how it's a non-PPR league, it's hard to justify carrying 3. You do have a couple things going for you. You get to use TEs in the Flex spot and you also have a couple of TEs who score a ton of TDs. We don't know about Kendricks yet, but he's big, fast and athletic enough to be a Gates-type TE.

I don't put a whole lot of weight into Ks and DEFs personally. If you don't get a top 5 (although Janikowski and NYJ are probably both top 5, position-wise) then you can play matchups all year long and be perfectly fine.

About your bench: Kolb could very well bust out, but he could be a flop as well. It's not much of a stretch to believe in either scenario. He is throwing to Fitzgerald this year, and Andre Roberts looks pretty decent so you might have a diamond in the rough. Who knows? We'll see in a few weeks. Anyone can tear up Carolina, so I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock into what he does this week.

Fred Jackson and Beanie Wells are pretty good backups, I would say. They will both be number ones but you need to watch out for the development of CJ Spiller in Buffalo. He may end up being the BUF RB to own. I think Beanie's job is pretty safe, to be honest. I'm sure Chester Taylor will steal a carry here and there but I am guessing at least Beanie will get all the goal line carries.

I already talked about Austin Collie and the TE situation.

Anyhow, that's my 2 cents. I would say you did a pretty good job with the last pick. I would have expected your team to be a little more powerful being only an 8 team league but sometimes the last pick can really kill you. I know from personal experience. On a scale of 1-10, I'd give you a 7. If things go your way, you could be even better than that. Good luck!

Feel free to rate my team as well: viewtopic.php?t=494803
Beast!
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby c0megets0me » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:16 am

I think it looks pretty good and would drop Lewis for Hightower in a heart beat ;-D
ROSTER/8 team standard scoring
QB-M.Ryan/M.Vick
RB-T.Richardson/S.Jax/L.Miller/E.Lacy/Mathews
WR-Megatron/Fitz/Amendola/H.Nicks
FLEX- RB/WR
TE-J.Camron/J.Thomas
c0megets0me
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Postby SouthernBallers » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:29 pm

Thanks for the input Beast I really appreciate it. Comegetsome I'm thinking the same thing about Hightower but I'm on the fence because Lewis is going to be great for trade value down the line. We all know a good tight end is few and far between so I'm thinking this will give me leverage if I need a player. Your thoughts?
SouthernBallers
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Roster Ratings