First Auction Draft; opinions welcome! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

First Auction Draft; opinions welcome!

Moderator: Football Moderators

First Auction Draft; opinions welcome!

Postby SlowMotionRiot » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:40 am

10 Man league. Standard scoring. QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/RBorWR/TE/DST/K format

3 Jamaal Charles, KC RB $51 - Starter
4 LeSean McCoy, Phi RB $44 - Starter
17 Larry Fitzgerald, Ari WR $35 - Starter
25 Calvin Johnson, Det WR $35 - Starter
60 BenJarvus Green-Ellis, NE RB $15 -Starter
67 Sam Bradford, StL QB $3 - Starter
107 Joe Flacco, Bal QB $3
113 James Starks, GB RB $2
120 Patriots D/ST D/ST $3(accidentally Overpaid) - Starter
121 Roy Williams, Chi WR $2
130 Daniel Thomas, Mia RB $2
139 Brandon Pettigrew, Det TE $1 - Starter
144 Jared Cook, Ten TE $1
149 Alex Henery, Phi K $1 - Starter
152 Mike Sims-Walker, StL WR $1
155 Lions D/ST D/ST $1

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/tools/draftrecap?leagueId=1089328 - Full Draft

It was my first auction. I was a little nervous. Made 2 of the first 4 picks in the draft. I'm a little worried about QB; I plan on starting whoever has the easiest matchup. Unless Starks skyrockets in value I don't plan on making too many moves. Any thoughts on how it went are welcome. Wondering if I overpaid on my core.
SlowMotionRiot
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: First Auction Draft; opinions welcome!

Postby c0megets0me » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:18 am

With the studs you have starting @wr and rb I wouldnt be to concerned the your qb's ;-D
ROSTER/8 team standard scoring
QB-M.Ryan/M.Vick
RB-T.Richardson/S.Jax/L.Miller/E.Lacy/Mathews
WR-Megatron/Fitz/Amendola/H.Nicks
FLEX- RB/WR
TE-J.Camron/J.Thomas
c0megets0me
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Re: First Auction Draft; opinions welcome!

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:11 pm

for first time auction, i think you did great.

your Charles is too expensive in general, but i do understand why you bid for $51, seeing no.1 AP for 61 and no.2 Cjohnson for 65, it's hard to not think 51 for Charles is a steal, and then seeing Foster with injury sold for 58, that definitely made you smile. however, if you look later on, you can see Rice for 44, and that is the real steal in your league's top 5 RB competition.

when in a league where stud player is overpriced, just give up on them and focus on good player like Forte 24, DMC 25, Best 16, William TB 12, M.Wallace 26, V.Jax 26, Witten 9...etc (except Rice for 44, that's something you don't want pass)

You did get Calvin Johnson 35 for good price, sometime it can go up to 45-50 in some crazy league, just like AJohnson in your league.
L. Fitz for 35 is ok, even his average cheat sheet price is around 36, but in most auction i drafted, L.Fitz can go as low as 30 since Ari lacks a good QB. I rather get William TB for 18

Something i'll do is get cheaper RB like DMC 25, Forte 24 instead of Charles for 51, which will save you 26 at least, get Wallace or V.Jax which will save you another 9, give you total of 35 extra and not waste 4 on Flacco+Bradford, so you have 39 extra, which will help you get either Bree, Brady or Rivers, and with remaining gold that can boost your BJGE to someone better or grab yourself better TE like Witten for 9.

It's easier to analysis after the draft with all the results and it is much easier for me to say what you should do than you actually do it during the draft, so i am in no way to criticize your drafting skill (i don't know if i can do better than what you have right now), matter in fact, i think you do have a great team.

One thing worth mention though, seeing you spend 95 on RBs already on pick 3 and 4, and that's probably why you passed on Rice 44, however, i would still bid on Rice since Rice for 44 in your league seems like extremely cheap and you can probably trade him later easily for Rodger, Vick, Ajohnson, i would still bid on him, which you might get him for 45, but in your league, i think it's worth it.

you can see my draft auction post in my signature and both have whole league bidding price. (one for yahoo, one for espn)
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 224)

Return to Roster Ratings