Felix Jones vs Mike Tolbert WHIR! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Felix Jones vs Mike Tolbert WHIR!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Felix Jones vs Mike Tolbert WHIR!

Postby eriesteeler » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:05 am

Is there any credible argument to be made for benching Jones this week against a strong Jets run D fired up at home on 9/11 in favor of Tolbert who should at least get a TD and a few passes? It's a ppr league also. I have Jason Whitten and am starting him. I drafted Jones highest, but I just don't feel confident about this matchup. Thanks for any help.
eriesteeler
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Felix Jones vs Mike Tolbert WHIR!

Postby Ronak » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:11 am

I'm actually in the same boat in one of my leagues. I chose to start Tolbert and here's why. With the Cowboys O-line as young as it is I see Jones having to stay in on pass protection so I feel his PPR is very limited this week. I feel the same for Witten but feel he has a MUCH greater chance of catching balls against an aggressive Jets D that was vulnerable in the middle of the field last year.

Tolbert has a decent match-up with the Vikings this week especially since Kevin Williams is out. Goal line carries are gonna be huge in that game. It doesn't hurt that he's great catching the ball as well and could see the majority of 3rd down plays.

Would love to get your opinion on my thread! viewtopic.php?f=19&t=495495
Ronak
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 9)

Re: Felix Jones vs Mike Tolbert WHIR!

Postby jmog » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:50 am

I hate to be of no real help, but 9 times out of 10 I go with Jones over Tolbert, but you present a good argument. I am almost 50/50 between these two for just this week. After that it should be all Jones.

I am also contemplating a Cowboys player against the Jets...

viewtopic.php?t=495513
jmog
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 25)

Return to Who to Start/Bench