First Year Playing, HELP - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

First Year Playing, HELP

Moderator: Football Moderators

First Year Playing, HELP

Postby dalessandrct » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:58 am

hey everyone! i know yall probably get this a lot but this is my first year player and I'm going up against friends who have done this for many years in a row and thought yall could help me get on my feet!

below is my roster, let me know who you think i need to get or who i need to drop, thank so much for your help!

matt schaub
adrian peterson
frank gore
hakeem nicks
mike williams
santonio holmes
antonio gates
ravens d/st
neil rackers

robert meachem
benjarvus green-ellis
ladainian tomlinson
sam bradford
mike thomas
heath miller
12 Team Standard

QB: RG3
WR: Wes Welker
WR: Desean Jackson
WE: Kendall Wright
RB: Marshawn Lynch
RB: Ben Tate
TE: Julius Thomas
D/ST: KC Chiefs
K: Sebastian Janikowski

Bench:
Gronk*
Percy Harvin*
Alex Smith
Heath Miller
Wilis McGahee
49ers D
dalessandrct
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 15)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: First Year Playing, HELP

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:12 am

dalessandrct wrote:hey everyone! i know yall probably get this a lot but this is my first year player and I'm going up against friends who have done this for many years in a row and thought yall could help me get on my feet!

below is my roster, let me know who you think i need to get or who i need to drop, thank so much for your help!

matt schaub
adrian peterson
frank gore
hakeem nicks
mike williams
santonio holmes
antonio gates
ravens d/st
neil rackers

robert meachem
benjarvus green-ellis
ladainian tomlinson
sam bradford
mike thomas
heath miller

I think yor team is very solid and will compete for a championship and I have been playing since 1996.

Schaub is capable of being a top 5 QB is Arian doesn't steal all the TD's. Otherwise he could be 7 or so.

ADP is as solid as they come and looks great in pre season. Gore is a steal where you probably got him. He is a 3 down guy who catches passes. He is a bit of an injury risk but in this game so is everybody really. BGE (The Law Firm) is a solid backup to have and should be the guy in NE. He scored like 4 TD's in the pre season. My guess is double digit td's here no problem. Lt is going to take a big step back.

For WR's Nkicks will be a top 5 WR possibly top 3. Mick Williams was solid in his rookie year and if he keeps it up will do just fine as your #2. Santonio should be close to 1000 and could put up 8-10 td's. I like what Meachem did in the first game and like it even more now that Colston is out. Mike Thomas is a solid #5.

Barring injury you have a top 1-3 TE. If he stays healthy all year you got gold in Gates. Miller is a bit weak there might be a better option available off of the WW.

D is good and K is good.

All in all I would play with that team "All Day" no pun intended ;-D
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby evanyfc » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:15 pm

Agree with the above reply that this team is solid, although it'd be good to know if this is a 10-team or 12-team league and the stat categories your league uses :D

Assuming this is a 10-team (so if it's a 12-team you'd be even better off!), I'd say you will most likely be in the playoff as long as you stay active in season and look for good waiver pickups and not be unlucky with injuries.

Your QBs are both solid, Bradford is a solid 2QB with the upside you want for that role, while Schaub should again be solid for fantasy purposes, although if you can upgrade into the top 5 that'd be even better.

RBs are solid with AD and Frank Gore, personally I don't like Gore but it might be because I'm a Seattle fan and I don't like anything 49ers. Green-Ellis and Tomlinson on the other hand could be upgraded, because both of them are most likely never going to have a chance to become starting quality for you. Check if James Starks is still available, or Joseph Addai (running more w/o Manning), or Willis McGahee (goal-line carries). You probably only need 3 RBs.

WRs are good. Love Nicks and Wallace. Meachem is a great pickup because Colston is most likely out more than 4 weeks, but Mike Thomas is downgraded because they waived Garrard, so he could be droppable if someone better is available.

Can't do better than Gates at TE, but if you want to keep 2 TE you should probably look for someone with more potential than Heath Miller, like Aaron Hernandez, Dustin Keller, Lance Kendricks, Greg Olsen, etc.

Defense and Kicker are above average.

So yeah. Nicely done, especially for a first time player. I'm sure with this team you'll have a good start to your fantasy career and yeah. enjoy the ride!
evanyfc
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby dalessandrct » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:15 am

thank you both for the reply! good to know that i have a decent team to start with and not something terrible haha

1. it is a 10 team league.
2.I dropped miller and was able to pick up hernandez
3. should i drop LT for james starks, he is on WA until the 14th?
4. TRADE: one of the teams drafted aaron rodgers and philip rivers to try and screw people over in the draft so if i had an opportunity to get one what would be a good trade? he says he needs a RB

here is his team:
aaron rodgers
michael turner
legarrette blount
steve johnson
brandon lloyd
devin hester
tony gonzalez
NE pats
matt bryant

philip rivers
julio jones
reggie bush
aj green
brandon pettigrew
josh cribbs

5. lastly, should i keep everyone i have starting as my line up for this week? anyone i should put in instead?

thanks again for yalls help!
12 Team Standard

Bench:
Gronk*
Percy Harvin*
Alex Smith
Heath Miller
Wilis McGahee
49ers D
dalessandrct
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby c0megets0me » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:30 pm

1st timer .......you have some drafting skillz. I either put in the research or got really lucky. Im thinking you put in work. looks very nice and should do well. ;-D
ROSTER/8 team standard scoring
QB-M.Ryan/M.Vick
RB-T.Richardson/S.Jax/L.Miller/E.Lacy/Mathews
WR-Megatron/Fitz/Amendola/H.Nicks
FLEX- RB/WR
TE-J.Camron/J.Thomas
c0megets0me
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Postby blubomber17 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:12 pm

You're team is very solid; basically reminds me of one of my teams and my brother's teams lol. Stay away from that trade; your team is great the way it is. Unless LT is enough of an upgrade for him. :)
blubomber17
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby dalessandrct » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:27 am

i didnt really know anything about football so i studied the point systems and read a lot of mock drafts and rankings to make me own personal list to draft from, glad it worked out!
12 Team Standard

Bench:
Gronk*
Percy Harvin*
Alex Smith
Heath Miller
Wilis McGahee
49ers D
dalessandrct
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:32 am

dalessandrct wrote:thank you both for the reply! good to know that i have a decent team to start with and not something terrible haha

1. it is a 10 team league.
2.I dropped miller and was able to pick up hernandez
3. should i drop LT for james starks, he is on WA until the 14th?
4. TRADE: one of the teams drafted aaron rodgers and philip rivers to try and screw people over in the draft so if i had an opportunity to get one what would be a good trade? he says he needs a RB

here is his team:
aaron rodgers
michael turner
legarrette blount
steve johnson
brandon lloyd
devin hester
tony gonzalez
NE pats
matt bryant

philip rivers
julio jones
reggie bush
aj green
brandon pettigrew
josh cribbs

5. lastly, should i keep everyone i have starting as my line up for this week? anyone i should put in instead?

thanks again for yalls help!

leave him be.
his team ain't so hot, with or without Rivers.
average at best RB, weak WR and good QB.

you have solid team, and most of your question is covered by other post.
i just would like to add one thing.
i agree Schaub is top 10 QB and he is good QB in NFL league
but in term of fantasy football league, i think he is a little below average.
4/10 in your league will have better QB than Schaub (Rodger, Vick, Brady, Brees), if Rivers owner trade it, then it'll be 5/10 and leave your QB to be no.6 at best, possibly no.8 because Ryan and Romo both coming strong this year.

however, do not make trade with Rivers owner that involve William TB, Nick, AP, Gore and Gates.
like what others said, you might better off just stay where you are and yes, pick Starks
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 230)

Return to Beginner's Forum