WR Help:Austin,D.Bryant,Amendola,B.Edwards... need 2! WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

WR Help:Austin,D.Bryant,Amendola,B.Edwards... need 2! WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

WR Help:Austin,D.Bryant,Amendola,B.Edwards... need 2! WHIR

Postby rclement3915 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:11 am

My WR1 is Vincent Jackson, but im struggling with my 2nd n 3rd WR starters for week 1.

I have Miles Austin, Dez Bryant(got him in 7th round), Danny Amendola and Braylon Edwards... PPR league.

despite a poor matchup with the Jets...Im leaning towards starting both cowboy WR's, as i think at least 1 will have a decent game with the cowboys deep passing offense ....but im unsure. What are your thoughts?

Amendola may rack up some catches, but the Eagles secondary is very good....and Nnamdi may be on the slot.

any help is appreciated....leave your link and ill glady return the favor ;-D
rclement3915
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Re: WR Help:Austin,D.Bryant,Amendola,B.Edwards... need 2! WH

Postby twes » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:31 am

Thanks for the help on mine!

Amendola isn’t someone you want to trust as a week 1 WR2. Granted he may be a safe start in weeks to come, but give it some time. Starting both Cowboys WRs could be boom or bust. Do you want to put all your eggs in 1 basket? Start Austin for sure.
2011-2012 Des Moines Fantasy Football League Champion
12-4 overall record.
twes
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 4)

Postby evanyfc » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:32 am

Wow, looks like you got a pair of bad matchups for week 1... dez bryant is definitely in. miles austin isn't 100% and probably won't do so hot, but braylon edwards i would not touch with a 10-foot pole and you know all about nnamdi in the slot, so I guess you're gonna have to just eat it and start the cowboys. obviously that means you can't expect too much but hopefully v. jackson will have a good game! I guess cheer for the Jets to jump out forcing Romo to throw a lot?

gl
evanyfc
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby joheshy55 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:46 am

bryant and amendola... too many cowboys on your team plus probability austin not playing, plus the jets def with revas .. ammendola is good in ppr leagues i would go with him.....

bryant and ammendola

thanks for posting on mine....
joheshy55
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby chrisjay84 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:06 pm

Of course you sit Austin if he sits, but I'd play him if he suits up. Word is Revis will be on Dez most of the game and I can't see the Cowboys being completely shut down. They want to make a statement. If Austin plays I'd feel really shitty about playing both Cowboys against NYJ so I'd go Amendola. Philly's weak in the linebacker spot so a lot of quick slants could really favor Bradford and Danny.

Thanks for the help on mine!
chrisjay84
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby johnhoefer » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:48 pm

Go Austin and Amendola. If you start both Cowboys you are guaranteed one WR having a bad day or the both of them adding up to one good WR. You gotta take a chance and start one of the Cowboys and someone else. Better to have upside potential than to have a guaranteed low ceiling.

Thanks for the help on mine as well.
johnhoefer
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 7)

Postby zechs » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:57 pm

When facing bad matchup dilemmas such as this one, I usually go by the better talent. So I would start both Cowboys WRs. Granted Revis will be on one of them, there's also a chance Revis may not shadow the same WR all game long.
I don't like Amendola's chances to produce if Asomugha is going to shadow him this week.
14tm. PPR+IDP+return-yds. league
QB-Cam
RB-Shady,DMartin WR-JulioJ,Colston,VJax
TE-Finley K & IDP-[streaming]
BN-JStewart,MReece,Britt,Amendola,BMyers,Kaepernick,BryceB
zechs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby prophecy135 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:05 pm

I think if Austin plays, start him. It sounds like the Dez might be posted up on Revis Island so I'm not high on him, I've had my fair share of dud games out of stud WR's going up against Revis in the past. Amendola is going to have a tough matchup no matter which CB from Philly is on him. I dont like Edwards at all, but he could have a decent game. I think I'd go with Austin if he goes, and then Amendola. I think the Rams are going to throw enough and he'll get enough catches to nullify any of the CB's on him.

I'm not high on Dez at all this week.
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Postby OneManWolfpacK7 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:21 pm

I'll go against the grain here and say start Bryant and B. Edwards. I think that Edwards will at least catch a TD, Alex Smith for all his faults is good in the Red Zone. If Nmadi lines up opposite Austin, I don't see how he will perform well, especially banged up.
OneManWolfpacK7
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Idubthe » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:26 am

Bryant and Edwards, only cause Ya just cant start Teamed WR unless your playing the Skins or Texans ( HOU TBD ).

Thanks for help ;-D
QB C. Newton
RB A. Peterson === S. Ridley, L. Miller, G. Bernard, R. Mathews, D.Richardson, B. Tate
WR A.J Green, R. Cobb ,=== P. Garcon , E. Royal, T.Y. Hilton
FLX
TE J. Cameron
K G. Zuerlein

Flex is TE or WR/RB
Idubthe
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 13)

Return to Who to Start/Bench