PPY Julio Jones or Steve Johnson? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

PPY Julio Jones or Steve Johnson? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

PPY Julio Jones or Steve Johnson? WHIR

Postby TriniEagle » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:19 am

Hi Guys,

Just acquired Johnson in a trade including me trading away Santonio Holmes. (The trade was actually for me to get a starting QB, so don't think of this as a mistake he was part of a bundle trade).

But now faced with a decision to either play Johnson v solid Chiefs secondary that had Fitzpatrick well controlled last season or Julio Jones against a poor Bears secondary.

Johnson is comng off a big year, but I doubt he will put up anywhere near the same numbers. Jones is a rookie #2 with big potential but untested.

What do you think
TriniEagle Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: PPY Julio Jones or Steve Johnson? WHIR

Postby Joe Flipper » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:01 pm

Tough call here....jones has looked good in pre season...just wonder with the loss of lee evans how much this will effect johnsons play....gulp
Joe Flipper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 14)

Postby strife22 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:05 pm

Start Stevie, the Falcons are playing Chicago at home and Jones is an untested rookie that will have never faced a defense like the Bears before. Gotta go with the safe bet, but in FF that isn't always the case as I'm sure you know. I say Stevie, but if you're comfortable risking potential production you can gamble on Jones.

viewtopic.php?t=495545
strife22
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby TriniEagle » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:33 pm

Thing is strife, the Bears secondary is going to struggle against Roddy White alone, then add Jones to the mix. It is because the secondary is weak that I am considering Jones.
TriniEagle Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mss4481 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:51 pm

I actually live in the burbs of Chicago, and I can tell you the Bears secondary is not going to be very good this year. Terrible #2 CB, but even with that being said I think I start Johnson tomorrow. It's Jones' first NFL game and I think they will look to use Roddy White a ton cause the Bears have noone that can cover him. I think they are both going to have similar games. I would guess between 6-10 pts. I just think Johnson will get more targets and more likely to score a TD.
mss4481
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby strife22 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:56 pm

TriniEagle wrote:Thing is strife, the Bears secondary is going to struggle against Roddy White alone, then add Jones to the mix. It is because the secondary is weak that I am considering Jones.

If they are going to struggle against White, then White will see the majority of the looks you would think! Jones in this first game is a feel out player where you need to see what he's capable of in a tough place to play. From there on you can make a much easier judgement on where to place him on your roster. I can definitely see why you'd consider it, but me personally I would start Stevie.
strife22
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby RedBirdChica » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:07 pm

I picked up the KC Defense this week to streamline against Buffalo. That being said, if anyone has a chance to score, it'll be Stevie J. I think FitzP will get sacked around 3/4 times, hurried even more. I'd put Stevie's line at 60 yards and hopefully a score. He has as much of a chance of finding the end zone as any other talented WR on a subpar team (call it 50/50?).

Julio has a shot at approaching those numbers, he definitely has a lot of upside. I agree that you should sit back and watch him play in a REAL NFL game. Let's see how he adjusts to the speed and contact on the line of scrimmage before thwarting him into a starting roll. IMHO, he's more of a middle end flex play at this point.
RedBirdChica
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team
(Past Year: 44)

Postby TriniEagle » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:17 pm

Thanks guys, your input really helped... will watch Jones to see how he develops and play stevie.
TriniEagle Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby chrisjay84 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:19 pm

Start Jones. Matty-Ice will have a great day in Chicago and want to spread the ball around.
chrisjay84
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby marley972 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:00 pm

you gotta go with Stevie. He is a number 1 wr and put up ridiculous numbers last year. Go with him and don't look back
marley972
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Next

Return to Who to Start/Bench