Hightower or Moreno? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Hightower or Moreno?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Hightower or Moreno?

Postby tomahawksjt » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:58 pm

I'm hearing Moreno/McGahee will be 50/50 split. Hightower should be the only RB with Torain hurting again. Helu will be an occassional 3rd down guy I think. Leaning towards Hightower. What do you guys think?
tomahawksjt
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Hightower or Moreno?

Postby drhanl » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:02 pm

I personally love hightower this week. I don't like the situation in DEN. McGahee to get all goalline work. Little chance of Moreno seeing the EZ. I would play hightower, easily.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=495245&p=3337957&hilit=drhanl#p3337957
drhanl
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 65)

Postby zechs » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:12 pm

I hear it is more of a "hot hand" approach in Denver, but regardless that may be enough of a deal-breaker to force you to start Hightower over Moreno this week.
14tm. PPR+IDP+return-yds. league
QB-Cam
RB-Shady,DMartin WR-JulioJ,Colston,VJax
TE-Finley K & IDP-[streaming]
BN-JStewart,MReece,Britt,Amendola,BMyers,Kaepernick,BryceB
zechs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tomahawksjt » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:24 pm

thanks guys .....starting Hightower
tomahawksjt
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:41 pm

Yeah its only a matter of time before McGahee is getting most of the carries. They are really down on Moreno in Denver right now. They finally realized he is a wuss. McGahee is not.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby richp1003 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:43 pm

Hightower gets the ez nod over Moreno

Good Luck....please help with mine
viewtopic.php?t=495609
richp1003
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby BostonPatriots » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:55 pm

I would go with Hightower, he is the main guy right now in Washington. Moreno is suppose to split

help with mine, thanks

viewtopic.php?t=495633
BostonPatriots Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ATLbraves » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:22 pm

latsprewell20002000 wrote:Yeah its only a matter of time before McGahee is getting most of the carries. They are really down on Moreno in Denver right now. They finally realized he is a wuss. McGahee is not.

Where did you get this information? Every source I've read has said Moreno looked great this off-season, has bulked up, and is in top shape. I personally think he is in for a big year, and will be even more valuable in PPR leagues.

ESPN's John Clayton confirms Knowshon Moreno is having his best training camp as a pro.
Moreno arrived to camp in tip-top shape, and he's managed to avoid the nagging injuries that plagued him in August of the past two seasons. Though Willis McGahee is looming should Moreno stumble early on, there's also breakout potential with coach John Fox aiming to run the ball 30 times per game.

Per Rotoworld

According to the Denver Post, Knowshon Moreno is the "healthiest, fittest, and fastest" he's ever looked as an NFL player at Broncos camp. A slimmed-down Moreno flashed improved speed on a 44-yard screen pass in Saturday's scrimmage, putting an impressive open-field spin move on FS Darcel McBath. It's easy to get excited about Moreno considering his weak competition for carries (Willis McGahee) and Denver's run-heavy offense. Historically he can't stay healthy, but a breakout year is doable if he finally avoids injury.

Per Rotoworld
ATLbraves
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:39 pm

ATLbraves wrote:
latsprewell20002000 wrote:Yeah its only a matter of time before McGahee is getting most of the carries. They are really down on Moreno in Denver right now. They finally realized he is a wuss. McGahee is not.

Where did you get this information? Every source I've read has said Moreno looked great this off-season, has bulked up, and is in top shape. I personally think he is in for a big year, and will be even more valuable in PPR leagues.

ESPN's John Clayton confirms Knowshon Moreno is having his best training camp as a pro.
Moreno arrived to camp in tip-top shape, and he's managed to avoid the nagging injuries that plagued him in August of the past two seasons. Though Willis McGahee is looming should Moreno stumble early on, there's also breakout potential with coach John Fox aiming to run the ball 30 times per game.

Per Rotoworld

According to the Denver Post, Knowshon Moreno is the "healthiest, fittest, and fastest" he's ever looked as an NFL player at Broncos camp. A slimmed-down Moreno flashed improved speed on a 44-yard screen pass in Saturday's scrimmage, putting an impressive open-field spin move on FS Darcel McBath. It's easy to get excited about Moreno considering his weak competition for carries (Willis McGahee) and Denver's run-heavy offense. Historically he can't stay healthy, but a breakout year is doable if he finally avoids injury.

Per Rotoworld

Im high on both of them this year. As for Moreno they would be stupid to split 50/50. Willis averaged a ypc less in the preseason and doesn't catch the ball that well. I see Moreno getting the bulk here.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby ATLbraves » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:51 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:Im high on both of them this year. As for Moreno they would be stupid to split 50/50. Willis averaged a ypc less in the preseason and doesn't catch the ball that well. I see Moreno getting the bulk here.

I completely agree.
ATLbraves
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Who to Start/Bench