Trade Offer: Hightower for Starks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade Offer: Hightower for Starks

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade Offer: Hightower for Starks

Postby PurpleJesus » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:07 pm

I get starks, have to give up hightower.

I have Ray Rice, Shone Green, Ingram, M Lynch as my other backs. Non ppr , standard scoring.

Watching that game I saw Starks on the field an awful lot. Looked faster, stronger and smarter then Ryan Grant. In that high powered offense no one will pay attention to starks and I think he will get some average yards, coupel catches and the occasional TD. He is out on third down and seems more intune with the passing game. Seems good for a backup. But I worry about Grant getting his legs and taking a bigger stake in the job.

Im not sold on Hightower. I think he will put up solid backup numbers against easy defenses. I just worry that the whole offense will not be good enough to put Hightower in good situations or they might be down in many games. Shannahan is known for mixing it up and we can just as easily see Helu or Torain be the main back for a few weeks then back to hightower.

I do not feel either are very special players, and I feel similar about what they can do. All things being equal I am leaning toward taking Starks becasue he is on the better team. Have to decide tonight, and with my luck hightower will go off tommorow.

Also, if I keep hightower. Who do you think is the better start. Hightower or Green.
PurpleJesus
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade Offer: Hightower for Starks

Postby 11stever11 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:13 pm

I think its Hightower's job to lose at this point. He has had fumbling problems in the past but he did not fumble once in the preseason. While Starks did look good it was still just one game. I see him spitting carries with Ryan Grant 50-50 and possibly gaining to 60-40 in favor of Starks. This is close but I would stick to what you got.
The better start would be Greene based on matchup.
Good luck!
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:37 pm

No way i would do this trade. Hightower is the #1 in Washington and even though they are not going to be a great team he can be a 3 down back. He has also looked real in the preseason as he has always been a 1 cut runner. Washingtons line is better than Az's thats for sure
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby SF2313 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:46 pm

I really like HTower this year. Stick with him.
SF2313
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 65)

Postby dtownsound8 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:54 pm

It's this simple:

Starks even IF (more likely WHEN) he gets the starting nod, he'll still split carries with Grant.

Hightower is THE guy in Washington so long as he stays productive. Shannahan is quick to swap out an RB.

Also... Green Bay is pass heavy. Despite the fact that Washington will likely be playing from behind often and needing to air out the ball, they'll need to keep their running game to keep defenses honest because their Rex Grossman sucks and outside of Santana Moss thier WRs are nothing to write home about. Hightower should end up with a lot more carries than Starks.

Keep Hightower
dtownsound8
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 19)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions