Who to start, TE and WR positions - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Who to start, TE and WR positions

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who to start, TE and WR positions

Postby seven426 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:28 pm

I am uncertain whether I should start WR Roy Williams in Chicago or Steve Smith in Carolina. The favorable points for Roy Williams would be that although he may not be a favorite target of Jay Cutler, or even a starter in later weeks, but he is a large target. He has size and jumping ability over the small CB's in Atlanta. This could allow him to have a big game and possibly some endzone targets. The upside for Steve Smith is that he should be the go-to guy for Cam Newton. When in trouble he should be looking for Smith. The only issue there is that he will probably be in trouble all too often and his accuracy is flat out horrible.
Now onto TE's. In a different league I can start either Rob Gronkowski or Owen Daniels. Both on teams who like the pass and have quarterbacks who can throw the ball. The only reason I think maybe Daniels has the upper hand is that he is the only TE there with any real talent. Gronkowski has to compete with Hernandez, although Gronkowski is a much bigger endzone target and threat than his counterpart. So do I start one or the other, or possibly even both if I sit Marshawn Lynch on the bench and use one of them to fill my flex spot.
These are both PPR leagues, so consider all factors and help me make a tough decision. Thanks for any and all input, and good luck to all in the coming season.
seven426
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who to start, TE and WR positions

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:46 pm

Steve Smith by a small margin

OWEN DANIELS BY A LANDSLIDE.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Who to Start/Bench