WR and RB help - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

WR and RB help

Moderator: Football Moderators

WR and RB help

Postby vm7118 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:23 pm

Hi all. I need some opinions on WRs this year.... thanks in advance :)

I am in a pretty deep (16 team) H2H league where I got Mike Wallace as my #1, and then a logjam at 2/3/4 with Plax, Emmanuel Sanders, Johnny Knox, Steve Smith (Phi), and maybe Lee Evans.

Sanchez was on the board very late so I picked him up, and there is a pending trade for him in which I am about to get Evans.

Here is my roster:

QBs
Romo
Sanchez (trading for Evans)
Newton
RBs
Rice
Mathews (SD)
Murray (DAL)
WRs
Wallace
Burress
Evans (pending Sanchez trade)
Knox (CHI)
Smith (PHI)
Sanders (PIT)
TEs
Davis
Boss
Def
Chicago
K
Gostowski

So here's what I know. Romo, Rice, Davis, DEF/K are solid and not worth messing with. I need some help at WR, and my RB2 could use an upgrade. I have an extra QB so I'm getting Evans.

Johnny Knox is in battle with Roy Williams at Chicago, Emmanuel Sanders may get as many targets as Hines Ward this year, and Steve Smith is buried under DeSean Jackson at Philly. Nate Washington, Devery Henderson, available on waiver wire at WR. Should I pick one of them up and drop Smith?

Deji Karim, Justin Forsett, Derrick Ward avail at RB. Should I get one of them and drop Murray? Can I leverage a trade into a better RB2?

Finally, the Sanchez/Evans trade is a good idea, right? I'm getting conflicting opinions on how good Evans will be with Flacco.

I know it's a lot of questions, but what better place to ask than here :)
vm7118
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: WR and RB help

Postby BronxBomber2007 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:27 pm

For a 16 team league, I think you have a very impressive team....I am not sure what your lineup format is but I think you are pretty solid at WR with the addition of Evans (who I think is going to have a breakout season). I think my concern would be more of your 3rd RB than Wr. I myself like the idea of Deji Karim better than Murray because of Jones-Drew's tendency to get knicked up and that he is now the clearcut #2 back in Jacksonville. I think you should be fine with Matthews as a #2...especially in a 16 team league....I think if you want to upgrade Matthews...the best way to do it would be with the team you just traded Burress to in 2 for 2 (RB/WR for RB/WR) deal.
BronxBomber2007
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: WR and RB help

Postby vm7118 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:28 am

Thanks.

How do you feel about Nate Washington and Devery Henderson compared to my WRs? Should I be picking them up and dropping Smith or Sanders?

And for further clarification, I didn't trade Burress to anyone. I think he could lead Jets WRs in TDs. I mean, he could also be completely awful and rusty and old, or just mediocre, but that's a chance I'm willing to take.
vm7118
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions