Blount - Update: traded to Patriots - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Blount - Update: traded to Patriots

Moderator: Football Moderators

Blount - Update: traded to Patriots

Postby SirGrotius » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:23 pm

Is anyone worried that Blount is just flat-out bad? I'm a little worried after week 1. Granted, it's one week and almost definitely an anomaly, but you never know! He had like no carries and was horrible each time he touched the ball.
10 rushing yards - 1 pt
10 receiving yards - 1 pt
20 passing yards - 1 pt
All TDs - 6 pts (QBs favored)
SirGrotius
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Lagarrett Blount

Postby c0megets0me » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:05 pm

What the hell happened to blount? Everytime i turned the game on it was graham running the ball.
ROSTER/8 team standard scoring
QB-M.Ryan/M.Vick
RB-T.Richardson/S.Jax/L.Miller/E.Lacy/Mathews
WR-Megatron/Fitz/Amendola/H.Nicks
FLEX- RB/WR
TE-J.Camron/J.Thomas
c0megets0me
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Re: Blount - horrible?

Postby c0megets0me » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:06 pm

I was wondering the same thing......last year he had over 100yrds and a td against the loins.
ROSTER/8 team standard scoring
QB-M.Ryan/M.Vick
RB-T.Richardson/S.Jax/L.Miller/E.Lacy/Mathews
WR-Megatron/Fitz/Amendola/H.Nicks
FLEX- RB/WR
TE-J.Camron/J.Thomas
c0megets0me
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Postby Dawinner127 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:54 pm

c0megets0me wrote:I was wondering the same thing......last year he had over 100yrds and a td against the loins.

Last year means nothing. The Lions are much improved on the D-Line this year.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:57 pm

I still think Blount will be fine. Teams don't run as much when down and I think that was the case here. Graham catches the ball better so thats why I feel he was in there.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby yellowbelly » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:01 pm

Not being on the field during 3rd-downs and when behind is a drain on his value....owners just have to hope TB plays ahead more often than not!
yellowbelly
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby dgan » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:03 am

Blount looked heavy to me - and yes, I mean heavier than normal. He looked sluggish...maybe he has training camp-legs or something.

Bigger question. Can someone please explain which college playbook they borrowed for the first and third quarters? I thought I was watching West Virginia or Tulane or something! I don't just mean a gadget play here and there - they were 90% frat house ball during those quarters.

Once they turned Freeman loose in a more conventional pro-football looking offense (like they did last year and in preseason), he did fine. He was confident, accurate, and strong. That loosened up the D in the 2nd Q. Then they come out of halftime and go right back to some wildcat, pistol handoff option run-n-shoot crap.

Tampa was outcoached in many ways, but I thought that offense they were running was bizarre.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:59 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:I still think Blount will be fine. Teams don't run as much when down and I think that was the case here. Graham catches the ball better so thats why I feel he was in there.

This is my sincerest hope, and I have no reason to think otherwise at this juncture *gulp* :-o ;-)
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TitsMcGahee » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:32 pm

I'm hoping the same thing... I mean Blount had a slow start last year as well, hopefully he starts to beast rather than slump.
TitsMcGahee
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 28)

Postby TaDa » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:40 pm

Per roto:

Coach Raheem Morris made it clear that LeGarrette Blount is not ready to play on passing downs.
Blount had just five carries yesterday as the Bucs went exclusively with their two-minute offense in the second half. "It's an area he has got to improve in, obviously, with the pass protection and all those aspects of it," Morris said. Blount should get more work next week as the Bucs figure to play a much tighter game in Minnesota.
TaDa
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 100)

Next

Return to Football Talk