Blount - Update: traded to Patriots - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Blount - Update: traded to Patriots

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Blount - horrible?

Postby ATLbraves » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:39 am

Lucky7 wrote:
ATLbraves wrote:
TitsMcGahee wrote:Trade him away now or drop him in all your leagues

Would be one of the worst mistakes you can make imo.

He was clearly being sarcastic. O:-)

Ohh oops. Joke flew over my head haha. :-b
ATLbraves
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stomperrob » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:49 pm

...and for 2012:

LeGarrette Blount's Buccaneers roster spot uncertain
By Brian McIntyre
Around the League writer
Published: July 22, 2012 at 12:46 p.m.
Updated: July 22, 2012 at 01:34 p.m.

Before the 2012 NFL Draft, Tampa Bay Buccaneers running back LeGarrette Blount bristled at the suggestion that the Bucs would use their top-five draft pick on Alabama running back Trent Richardson.

"I would not like that pick. ... I would definitely not be happy with that pick," Blount said at the time (he later changed his tune). Blount's sigh of relief when Richardson was picked by the Cleveland Browns at No. 3 was short-lived as the Buccaneers would use the No. 31-overall draft pick on Boise State running back Doug Martin, who is expected to push Blount for the starting job this summer.

One of the reasons why the Buccaneers invested a first-round draft pick in Martin, and a seventh-round selection in potential No. 2 back Michael Smith, could be Blount's lack of commitment.

According to Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times, Blount racked up $15,000 in fines for tardiness in his first two weeks in Tampa, prompting general manager Mark Dominik and former head coach Raheem Morris to force the rookie to hire a car service to wake him up and transport him for the three miles to One Buc Place.

Stroud adds that Blount continued to rely upon the car service in 2011, but he occasionally caught up on his sleep in meeting rooms.

Blount was at the top of the depth chart during the minicamps, but Martin is expected to push for a starting job this summer. With improved depth at the position overall, Blount will have to continue to improve his habits, on and off the field. Otherwise, first-year head coach/task master Greg Schiano might be inclined to let Blount sleep on someone else's dime.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... uncertain-
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mr.Joshua » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:00 pm

Just as I was starting to lean more towards the fact that Martin is being over rated and Blount could still be effective.....you read this :-t
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 210)

Postby Dawinner127 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:23 pm

Is Martin really worth his ADP this year? I don't know much about the kid but if Blount is going to get cut, who else do they even have?

Mossis Madu has 15 career carries.
Michael Smith is a rookie.

Martin = workhorse this year?
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby stomperrob » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:52 pm

Hmm - I think he can feel Doug Martin breathing down his neck, nothing like the risk of unemployment to improve one's work habits!

Bucs notes: New-look slimmer Blount opens eyes
By ROY CUMMINGS | The Tampa Tribune
Published: August 02, 2012
Updated: August 03, 2012 - 3:00 AM

Just as he was the past two seasons, RB LeGarrette Blount is listed on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers training camp roster as weighing 247 pounds. The difference is, this year's measurement is accurate.

"I think he has definitely taken some weight off of him, because if he was 247 in the program last year, then I think he was a little more than that in reality," Bucs coach Greg Schiano said.

"I think what LeGarrette has done here is, he's gotten himself into better shape. He certainly looks better. And I think he is a better player at the condition he is at right now."

Blount, who is competing to keep his job as the lead ball-carrier, was not available for comment after Thursday's workout, but his weight loss appears to be a result of his strict adherence to a new conditioning program.

Schiano and the training staff talked with Blount during the offseason about his workout regimen and diet, and Blount clearly bought into that program.

"The fact that he did it is promising," said Schiano, who singled out Blount on Thursday for some exceptional play.

con't...

more: http://www2.tbo.com/sports/bucs/2012/au ... ar-451491/
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 2ksports » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:24 pm

This backfield looks like a mess.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby 2ksports » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:05 pm

Blount now #1 on depth chart, but everybody thinks Martin is the guy.

But why? Why can't it jsut be a split?
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby stomperrob » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:21 am

Tampa Bay Buccaneers look to get LeGarrette Blount more involved
By Rick Stroud, Times Staff Writer
In Print: Thursday, September 27, 2012

TAMPA — LeGarrette Blount is a 6-foot, 247-pound running back who has been known to hurdle defenders in the open field. But now the Bucs need their two-time rushing leader to help jump-start their anemic running game.

Since losing the starting job to Boise State rookie Doug Martin, Blount has rushed only seven times for 27 yards in three games this season — Martin has 63 rushes for 213 yards and one touchdown. Coach Greg Schiano said Wednesday that he'd like to get Blount in the game plan more.

The Bucs are 21st in rushing offense at 94.7 yards per game.

"I think LeGarrette, we need to get him more involved, but I'm not going to make any changes the way we're doing it, just give him a little more action," Schiano said. "There was the whole thing with the injury and then we weren't sure what it was, and it kind of threw things into flux a little bit. I think he's practicing very well now and he's ready to go, so I think we'll have a good 1-2 punch like we envisioned early on. That's what my hope is."

Blount, who led the team in rushing with 1,007 yards in 2010 and 781 last season, suffered a stinger two weeks ago against Carolina. He was in uniform but did not play against the Giants before rebounding Sunday with four carries for 19 yards against the Cowboys.

"I'll be very happy to see that," guard Carl Nicks said of Blount. "I'm waiting for it. I love Doug to death. Because LeGarrette, what did he have? (Four) carries and (19 yards?). Enough said, right?

con't...

more: http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football ... ed/1253611
stomperrob

Postby SirGrotius » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:47 pm

I could see that being helpful. Doug Martin seems overhyped to me. He doesn't seem to have that "special" aspect to him, although it may be hard to tell with the mediocre Bucs, in general.
10 rushing yards - 1 pt
10 receiving yards - 1 pt
20 passing yards - 1 pt
All TDs - 6 pts (QBs favored)
SirGrotius
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby stomperrob » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:01 am

Patriots, Buccaneers swap running backs: Jeff Demps goes to Tampa Bay, LeGarrette Blount to New England
By Shalise Manza Young
Globe Staff / April 27, 2013

FOXBOROUGH — The Patriots were involved in a trade on Saturday, sending Jeff Demps and a seventh-round pick to Tampa Bay in exchange for running back LeGarrette Blount.

A returner/running back, Demps was a sought-after rookie free agent last summer, returning to football after spending eight months away from the game while training for the 2012 Summer Olympics. He was a member of the silver-medal winning 4 x 100 relay team for the United States.

Demps signed with the Patriots and played in the final two games of the preseason before being placed on injured reserve just before the regular season with a knee injury.

Last month, Demps talked about trying to do both track and football, and that he would spend the NFL offseason training for the upcoming track season. If he competed through the full IAAF season, Demps possibly wouldn’t return to the Patriots until a month into the regular season.

Bill Belichick, as you’d expect, was less than thrilled with the idea that Demps was not committed to football.

So with the Buccaneers trying to unload Blount and New England looking to move Demps, the teams just switched players. The Tampa Bay Times reported the Buccaneers asked for Demps as “a throw-in” to the deal.

Blount went undrafted out of Oregon in 2010, falling because of character concerns. In his first season with Tampa Bay, he averaged 5.0 yards on 201 carries, adding six touchdowns to his 1,007 yards. The next year he had 184 carries for 781 yards and five scores.

con't...

more: http://www.boston.com/sports/football/p ... rit=834382
stomperrob

Previous

Return to Football Talk