9/11

Moderator: Football Moderators

9/11

Postby stomperrob » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:23 pm

In memory of all those we lost on the 10th anniversary:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvj6zdWLUuk
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 9/11

Postby RedHopeful » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:34 pm

The television show '102 Minutes That Changed America' which aired on a number of channels this morning was an excellent watch. If you can watch something like this and not be moved, there is something definitely wrong with you.
2008 Killer Crossover League Champion
2009 Killer Crossover League Champion
RedHopeful
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Basketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby stomperrob » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:54 pm

Saw something I've never seen before - at the start of a CFL game today, when the players came out and lined up, instead of playing the national anthem, they played the U.S. national anthem.
;-D ;-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby m16a » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:26 am

It's absolutely amazing to me, that 10 years later, I could take you to the exact spot where my desk was in my 4th grade math class. I will not forget the events that day. Our school secretary coming in, whispering in my teachers ear, and my teacher breaking down into tears and telling us we were going to go home, because bad people had used airplanes to attack the United States. It was the day I learned what the Pentagon was, it was the day I learned what the World Trade Centers were. I actually got into the office to the TV in time to see the second tower hit. 8-o

Bush's "Bullhorn" speech was probably the best video I saw that day on social media. My friend pulled out the quote from it which I love "The people who knocked down these buildings will hear ALL of us soon"

And along with my random thoughts and musings, something me and some of my friends have discussed is making it a goal and a creed of our specific generation, to never let it be forgotten. I know I'm never going to forget. It is amazing how the world has changed since then, it is amazing that it has been 10 years. God Bless America.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby glackk » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:09 am

I came across an image article yesterday about Japan. 9/11 this year was also the 6 month anniversary of that massive earthquake and tsunami in Japan.

2 pictures really got to me. #16, where volunteers lit candles by a replica Statue of Liberty to honor victims of both tragedies, and #34 of a girl smiling next to a picture of her father, killed by the tsunami. If anything it's encouraging to see nations helping each other in times of need, and the resilience of the human spirit.
glackk
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby joejlitz » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:22 pm

m16a wrote:... It is amazing how the world has changed since then, ...

I agree with this statement wholeheartedly, but I would like to hear how you perceive the change given we are from different generations.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Return to General Talk