Well, this sucks... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Well, this sucks...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Well, this sucks...

Postby NYVikings » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:48 pm

It's Sunday night, and I know all experienced owners have been in this position at least once.

You just came off a terrific day. You have the RB who garnered the most points in the day, your QB and receivers played well, and by the looks of things, you should beat a ton of owners in your league.

Oh wait... your opponent just racked in an insane fantasy day. His QB, RBs, and DEF all scored over 20 points and you realize your screwed.

In my situation, I collected the third highest amount of points in a 16 team league with 89 points (standard scoring, QB's 4pt TD) and have Darren McFadden going tomorrow. I should, very well, have the second most fantasy points in the league.

However, my opponent? Matthew Stafford (22), Ray Rice (26), Matt Forte (21), 49ers D (26). Not to mention, DeSean Jackson (16) and Beanie Wells (16).

A very frustrating day to say the least. At least now I know who I'll be facing in the championship round. Did anyone else fall into a similar situation this week?
NYVikings
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Well, this sucks...

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:55 am

Its one week. Random single game performances are random. For all we know this could be season highs for your players, his players, or both.
Bobbleheadrusty
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mojoorising » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:32 am

Sounds to me like the guy drafted a pretty solid team.
mojoorising
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby LSUby50 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:45 am

You'll probably win a low scoring game to make up for it later....but it doesnt always work that way.
But seriously, its only week 1. If your team scored 3rd highest in a 16 teamer, you're in good shape for the season.
LSUby50
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 59)

Postby Enrique Aguilar » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:18 pm

I feel your pain, similar situe here, Im at about 80+ and Opp had Brees(29),Britt(25),Chi(24)...
Ugg, so frustrating.
Enrique Aguilar Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)

Postby DraftDodger » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:02 pm

I'm happy with how my team performed this week, but my opponent only needs a little over 11 pts out of McFadden to beat me, so it's going to be close at best.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby NYVikings » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:38 pm

Yeah, I'm being a bit overdramatic for Week 1, but it's always nice to get a win when you have a good week. Take a look at my squad in this 16 team league (16 TEAMS):

QB Josh Freeman
RB Jamaal Charles
RB Darren McFadden
RB/WR Mike Tolbert
WR Mike Williams (TB)
WR Julio Jones
TE Jason Witten
DEF (changes every week, defensive committee)
K Josh Scobee

BENCH Cam Newton
BENCH Jimmy Graham
BENCH Ben Tate
BENCH Nate Burleson
BENCH Thomas Jones
BENCH Andre Roberts
BENCH Steve Smith (PHI)

Not bragging, merely pointing out how stupid the rest of my work league is, in terms of fantasy football.
NYVikings
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby woodson_28 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:07 pm

fantasy sports can really suck sometimes. In my main league last year, the guy that finished in last (2-11) had the 4th most points, but had the most points scored against him. Just bad luck.
woodson_28
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Aberfoyle » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:52 pm

NYVikings wrote:It's Sunday night, and I know all experienced owners have been in this position at least once.

You just came off a terrific day. You have the RB who garnered the most points in the day, your QB and receivers played well, and by the looks of things, you should beat a ton of owners in your league.

Oh wait... your opponent just racked in an insane fantasy day. His QB, RBs, and DEF all scored over 20 points and you realize your screwed.

In my situation, I collected the third highest amount of points in a 16 team league with 89 points (standard scoring, QB's 4pt TD) and have Darren McFadden going tomorrow. I should, very well, have the second most fantasy points in the league.

However, my opponent? Matthew Stafford (22), Ray Rice (26), Matt Forte (21), 49ers D (26). Not to mention, DeSean Jackson (16) and Beanie Wells (16).

A very frustrating day to say the least. At least now I know who I'll be facing in the championship round. Did anyone else fall into a similar situation this week?

been there, done that.
Aberfoyle
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 6)

Postby BoyNamedSue » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:47 am

In the words of The Arnold: "STOP WHINING!"

I say this b/c I was the guy playing the role of your opponent in my league this weekend...Super Tom blew up and I foiled what would've been a great Week 1 for my worthy adversary...suck to be you and them :-t
10 Team PPR

Twitter: @JohnEJung
Ron & Fez: 11am - 3pm XM105
Davey Mac Sports Program on iTunes (XM 105 Saturdays 7pm-9pm) and RiotCast.com (Wed. at 7pm)
BoyNamedSue
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 54)

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting