Help replace Amendola/Straighten out my roster...WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Help replace Amendola/Straighten out my roster...WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Help replace Amendola/Straighten out my roster...WHIR

Postby JohnnyBighead » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:38 am

Yahoo League with 1 Point PPR Scoring....
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex RB/WR/TE, 1 K, 1 Def

QBs- Josh Freeman, Colt McCoy, Cam Newton
RBs- LeSean McCoy, Frank Gore, Joseph Addai, Ryan Mathews
WRs- Roddy White, Reggie Wayne, Steve Johnson, Danny Amendola, Nate Burleson, Devery Henderson
TEs- Jimmy Graham, Jared Cook

With the news that Danny Amendola has ripped his arm off, I need a little help.... My plan was to stick him in the flex spot all year and let him do his thing.... With his season in jeopardy, it may be time to drop him (will wait on his MRI report first)...

Cam Newton and Henderson are strictly draft bait. I live in the south in Panthers territory so I picked him up after the first half of the game yesterday and people were freaking out that he was gone after the game was over... Henderson scored a ton of points so Im hoping somebody will want him....

What should my ideal strategy be? Should I put Burleson in the flex or one of my RBs (Addai/Mathews)? What positions need improving? If I want to deal Gore, I cant probably get McFadden for him. I was a little low on Wayne, but after yesterday it looks like he will still get his even if the Colts dont....

Any ideas?
JohnnyBighead
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Help replace Amendola/Straighten out my roster...WHIR

Postby Atog » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:32 am

It's always hard making snap judgments after the first week but I would think that Burleson would be a solid flex play for the rest of the season because the Lions will be passing a lot and Megatron can't get the ball every play. Outside of him Mathews could turn into a viable starter so I wouldn't worry about making a major move for another week or two at least. Otherwise, you're fine.

Help please! viewtopic.php?f=18&t=495895&p=3340928#p3340928
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Bolthead04 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:20 am

Thanks for the help on mine. :)

Burleson will be a solid play this year I believe. Stafford shares the love pretty well, and Burleson showed some good stuff against the Bucs. Wayne is Wayne, so he should be okay as well.

Newton is definitely tradebait, and if you can land an upside back or receiver, that will only help more.

On a side note, Gore never lives up to potential, so I would package Newton + Gore and see what you could get.
Bolthead04
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby zechs » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:41 am

You still have good flex options IMO and would play matchups on a weekly basis. One more good game from Devery Henderson and you'd have another trade bait in your hands. Latest news I read was Amendola could come back as early as Week 5 because he apparently won't need surgery to heal the injury.
14tm. PPR+IDP+return-yds. league
QB-Cam
RB-Shady,DMartin WR-JulioJ,Colston,VJax
TE-Finley K & IDP-[streaming]
BN-JStewart,MReece,Britt,Amendola,BMyers,Kaepernick,BryceB
zechs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby yaluoza » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:45 am

i like either mathews or addai in the flex spot regardless and shopping newton and gore is not a bad idea at all. if amendola is only out until week 6 then i would keep an eye on him.

Help?http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=496021
Qb: RGIII, Pryor
Rb: Spiller, Charles, Bryce Brown, Fred Jax, D.Brown, Ogbonnaya
Wr: V-Jax, Boldin, D-jax, T.williams, Collie
Te: Olsen, Gronk
Def: chiefs
K: Bailey
yaluoza
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 62)

Postby Osk » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:45 am

You have a few real nice options for your flex, so no worries. Henderson should have a few more big games until Colston gets back. I like Burleson, but not against a good secondary. Ryan Mathews would be my choice at flex most weeks. He looked good and put up very nice numbers (~15 ffb points) without scoring this past week. San Diego should be up on most teams, so they'll be rushing in the 4th quarter. IMO, Mathews is an even better flex play than Danny.
Osk
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 20)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions