Amendola done - options - WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Amendola done - options - WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby BearsFan65 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:27 am

12 team PPR. Assuming the worst (that Amendola is going to IR and done for the year), I have a roster spot to play with. Current roster:

QB - Ryan
RB - Rice, Felix, Jacobs, M Bush
WR - Wallace, Holmes, Britt, Amendola, Ford
TE - Daniels
DST - Bears
K - Bironas

Trying to make the best of it here. I loved Amendola as a depth guy at WR, but that's over now, so what to do with the roster spot? With only 4 bench spots to work with, use of them is critical in our league. Stashing players is risky, there's just not enough room to do that and manage week to week with injuries. So I have a couple of options:

1. The Bears, good as the defense looked against ATL, have NO and GB up next. I could use that roster spot to play matchups on defense, then see what WR's have developed into more than just one-week wonders and go get one, and ride the Bears the rest of the season.

2. Go get a WR now that shows promise and play the waiting game on whether he pans out. Available at the moment are Antonio Brown, Emmanuel Sanders, Randall Cobb, Jabar Gaffney, Brandon Gibson, Devery Henderson. If Bradford is ok, I'm thinking Gibson might be a good grab here, since someone has to get Amendola's targets and he'll be one of the beneficiaries. Henderson is a guy who stands to benefit with Colston out, but Moore and Meachem are already owned and they would benefit more I think.

Thoughts? WHIR, thanks!
BearsFan65
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 45)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Amendola done - options - WHIR

Postby Atog » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:58 am

I'd go with option #1 and play matchups on defense. It's too early to try and gamble on a waiver wire WR and the guys you mentioned seem to fit the profile of one-week wonders (I'm looking at you, Henderson). Random WRs have studly games every week and with such a small bench it just doesn't seem picking one up would be worth it at all.

Help me out: viewtopic.php?t=495895
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby mickeyrivers » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:47 am

I was in the exact same position yesterday. I picked up Henderson as Brees normally looks to him as the big play threat. With Colston out and Bress spreading it around some games he will have 3 catches for 60 but then he will exploded as well with a TD and over a hundred yards.

I'd go with Big Play Devery! I did and I am happy. ;-D
mickeyrivers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BoyNamedSue » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:33 pm

I also picked up Henderson on WW as soon as I heard Amendola was hurt. With Colston out it would seem that he stands to see the biggest uptick in looks from his Mini Me QB...mind you, that's based on more feeling than solid fact since Brees is just as likely to get the equipment mgr involved in the passing game sooooo.....
10 Team PPR

Twitter: @JohnEJung
Ron & Fez: 11am - 3pm XM105
Davey Mac Sports Program on iTunes (XM 105 Saturdays 7pm-9pm) and RiotCast.com (Wed. at 7pm)
BoyNamedSue
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 54)

Postby mickeyrivers » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:21 pm

It seems like Henderson or Meachum is the pickup this week at wideout. Didn't handcuff Stephen Jax but I am hoping he will be o.k. for next monday.
mickeyrivers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mojoorising » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:06 pm

Pick up devery, thats what i did i expect for him to see a good uptick in targets. Also dont waste roster spot on defense if you hold out on these WR they will all be gone when u get around to picking them up.

help with mine?
viewtopic.php?t=495923
mojoorising
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby melloyello » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:41 pm

The coach was just quoted as saying that Amendola doesn't need surgery and may only miss 3 games.
melloyello
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby rclement3915 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:53 pm

Im in the same boat with Amendola...

id go after Henderson or Sanders.

Henderson will see an increase in targets, and if he stays hot..the chemistry between him and bree's could possibly carry over even when Colston returns.

Sanders is a big play threat, caught a TD in week 1....and im almost sure that the Pitts passing attack will be much better than week 1's debacle.

help me out:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=495941
rclement3915
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby ATLbraves » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:24 pm

Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo revealed Monday that Danny Amendola should be able to avoid surgery on his dislocated left elbow.
It's good news. Speaking on ESPN's NFL Live Monday, Adam Schefter suggested that Amendola could even miss the next three games before returning after the Rams' Week 5 bye. Amendola's injury looked gruesome when it happened, but day-after signs are all positive. Fantasy owners will want to hang tightly to Amendola at his current timetable. He doesn't look headed for I.R.

Per Rotoworld

Looks like he could avoid the I.R. so that's great news.

help with mine please:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=495942
ATLbraves
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions