Drop Marshawn Lynch for any of these RB's? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Drop Marshawn Lynch for any of these RB's?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Drop Marshawn Lynch for any of these RB's?

Postby bmd » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:17 am

I'm in a 12 team PPR league. My starting RB's are Darren McFadden and Steven Jackson. My back ups are Marshawn Lynch and James Starks. I'm concerned about Jackson's leg injury and I'm wondering if Lynch or Starks would be an adequate replacement if Jackson should be out for a while. Darren Sproles and Cadillac Williams are available on my WW. I would be willing to waive Lynch for one of these players. Would a move like this help me or should I just stick with what I have?

Thanks!
bmd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Drop Marshawn Lynch for any of these RB's?

Postby marzano » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:23 am

In a 12 team league, depth matters, so I'd stick with Lynch. Sproles is unlikely to keep up what he did in Week 1, and Cadillac is likely a temporary stop gap. Now if Jackson's injury is significant, perhaps I'd reconsider.
marzano
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Re: Drop Marshawn Lynch for any of these RB's?

Postby bdk140 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:53 am

If you can drop another player back up TE or you have 2 defenses go with cadillac. I am all in on him, steven jackson has had 300+ touches last 2 years and almost 271 rushes per year in his career he is going to break down. I normally say anyone is better than injury prone williams but not this time, how cadillac holds up is a different story. I see a commitee with norwood and cadillac with the majority of touches if jackson gets another back/ groin injury
bdk140
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions