Roster check - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Roster check

Moderator: Football Moderators

Roster check

Postby Enrique Aguilar » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:39 pm

Ok, so ive been lurking for a few weeks now, but this is my first post. I joined my first Fantasy team this year. Its supposed to be just a friendly league of beginners (mostly family)but you all know how that goes LOL. So the competitive juices started flowing and the trash talk has begun after the first week of the season. There are like two people that have played Fantasy quite a bit and are tearing up everyone else, so i thought i would post here and see what improvements you would suggest. It's a Yahoo league with 10 players, and as far as i know it normal scoring (not sure what PPR means sorry). They did an auto draft so everyone just got what they got (so i thought, till i found out that you could go in a rank the players you wanted, anyhow) this what i have. I have made some drops and picked up FA but this is my current roster. Help me at least stay competitive. I thought i knew football pretty good, but this a whole different animal, hehehe.

M Ryan-QB
B Loyd-WR
R White-WR
C Johnson-WR
L Blount-RB
B Wells-RB
T Gonzalez-TE
T Heap-TE (flex slot- WR,RB,TE)
J Feely-K
Dall-Def

A Foster-RB
D Sproles-RB
R Wiliams-RB
Carnell Williams-RB
M Hasselbeck-QB
D Henderson-WR
A Vinatieri-K
Tenn Def
NO Def

This week i was projected about 100pts but only scored around 80, no thanks to L Blounts lack luster performance.

Let me know who you would start, some of these I just picked up and i benched Foster for week one, i had Colston but dropped him for Henderson due to injury.
I know, tell me how retarded i am i can take it. LOL.
Enrique Aguilar Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Roster check

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:51 am

HI there, and welcome to the Cafe - I hope you stick around! Thanks for posting here and I/we'll do our best to help you out ;-D

As for your roster, I think it's actually pretty darned solid - you weren't done any favors by ANY of your NFC South players, so I think there's a lot of scoring upside your team will realize before long, once Ryan, White and Blount get rolling. I really actually like all your starters, especially when Foster is good to go and Wells can be your flex player instead of Heap (who BTW I would bench for Cadillac or Sproles if either Jackson is out for the Rams or if it's a "PPR" - which stands for points-per reception, meaning you get a point for every catch in addition to "standard" rules).

You have a serviceable kicker and defense, a decent TE tandem (though it's probably your weakest spot) and some good depth at RB, so there's really not much to complain about, really. Hasselbeck is a pretty weak QB2, and I have a feeling you shouldn't have dropped Colston as he'll only be out about half the season and you're carrying two kickers and a second defense that could/should have been dropped, but other than that your team is great at the top and has some upside on the back end.

Be sure to "churn" the bottom of your roster early and often, letting go of the dead weight and shooting for upside and usability at positions where you need it - especially at bench WR, but also RB and QB - whenever you can.

Hope this helps ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Roster check

Postby Enrique Aguilar » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:32 pm

Yes,i got smoked this week. Ended up last in the league. Oh well, time for week 2.
Thanks for the input. Thats some great info. I think the bottom end is week cause i made it that way. By not knowing ANYTHING, that is. I had Kevin Kolb as my QB2 and dropped him for Hasselbeck cause i thought he would be pretty consistent connecting with Britt and the TE's throughout the season. He does have CJ2K and that should take some yards away but like i said i don't know much of anything. LOL
I will defiantly look to getting rid of a "D" and its most likely going to be Tenn.
I looked it up and we are not on PPR rules so that's all sorted out.
I dropped Colston cause it seemed like a lot to hold on to him for 4 weeks, :~(
I scrambled a lot on Sun morning trying to swap stuff around for Foster cause he would not play, and that's just were i ended up with Heep in the flex, i didn't play any of my NO guys so my bench was all closed out by Sun.
I have been angling for a TE since the beginning of the season but no takers. The good TE's are all taken and it looks like its going to take a trade to make a deal.LOL
Should i not keep two Kickers on the roster? Do most just keep one?
How would you classify Collins as a back up? He has a lot of targets there, but will have to find some rhythm soon.

I have been looking to improve my run game with foster out, so that's why i have so many RB on the bench, but like you said that leaves me thin on WR's. I'll keep good eye on this site and try to keep my finger on the pulse, maybe i can make quick moves and get me back in contention. I'll drop R-Williams and look at another WR. I had Crabtree also and droped him to cause he was hurt. LOL man i suck bad. :~( :-t
Enrique Aguilar Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)

Return to Beginner's Forum