IDP QUESTION, who to pick up?, WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to IDP

IDP QUESTION, who to pick up?, WHIR

IDP QUESTION, who to pick up?, WHIR

Postby JoshKnows46 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:49 pm

should i drop any of my guys for any of the players on the wire?....i have no experience with idps.

Scoring:
Tackle Solo 1
Tackle Assist0.5
Sack2
Interception3
Fumble Force2
Fumble Recovery2
Defensive Touchdown6
Safety2
Pass Defended1
Block Kick2

my players:
Jerod Mayo
James Laurinaitis
Curtis Lofton

on the wire;
D'Qwell Jackson
Thomas Davis
David Hawthorne
Barrett Ruud
Dan Connor
Ed Reed
Terrell Suggs
Patrick Peterson
David Harris
Eric Weddle
D.J. Williams
Geno Hayes
Quincy Black
I only live by 3 rules: Eat Twat, Smoke Pot, and Smile Alot
JoshKnows46
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Football

Re: IDP QUESTION, who to pick up?, WHIR

Postby hooligan1 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:42 pm

Well assuming you only start 3 and they can of any position, I tend to like your guys just fine. Barring injury or excessive under-production, I would probably just go ahead and keep them. I would however, be keeping my eyes on Jackson, Davis, Conner and Hawthorne.

In tackle leagues where things are NOT weighted towards big plays, consistent tackle machines like the three you've got are perfect. You really don't need anything other than linebackers, which is what you have. Safety's are next best. I wouldn't even bother with linemen or CB's.....

hooligan1
Hooligan1
hooligan1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BoyNamedSue » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:47 pm

Suggs is worth picking up over Lofton.
Your league rewards players like Suggs in a big way re Sacks, Forced Fumbles...he won't give you the tackles but he'll make up for it those few tackles usually being sacks

Mayo blew up last season so it's hard to tell you to drop him.
Jackson will give you 10+ tackles every week and is one of the most underrated/overlooked LBs in the league. That's what you get for being a Brown.

Drop Lofton and pickup Suggs...do some homework on Jackson though. He's a great Fantasy LB.

Good luck
10 Team PPR

Twitter: @JohnEJung
Ron & Fez: 11am - 3pm XM105
Davey Mac Sports Program on iTunes (XM 105 Saturdays 7pm-9pm) and RiotCast.com (Wed. at 7pm)
BoyNamedSue
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 54)

Postby 204BC » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:43 pm

Thomas Davis just had his value increase threefold with the loss of Jon Beason. He was a beast when Beason was out last year. I expected his value to drop when Beason returned this year, but now he's out again so I'd actually put him at the top of your list. Plus he plays on a crappy team. In IDP that's always a plus. Talented defensive players on crappy teams get lots of tackles.
204BC
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby rdnsnow » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:43 pm

I have the same scoring in my IDP league as well and to me the most important stats is tackles. Since every tackle is worth a point those are the guys you want because if they are getting lots of tackles it means they are constantly around the guy with the ball. You cant predict sacks, ints, or tds on defense they just happen. But if you have a guy that is always in the play the chances of him getting more then a tackle goes up. So what I do is goto the FA list sort by tackles and pick thte guy that is most consistent in that stat. If after awhile he starts falling off then drop him and do it again. Sorry I didnt give you any names but this is what I do and it always seems to work for me.
rdnsnow
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Pickles » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:40 am

i don't think you can really pass up D'Qwell.. If possible i'd keep Lofton and pick up D'Qwell but if you only have the one spot i'd still go with the higher of the two which is D'Qwell.
Pickles
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to IDP