What to do with Sidney Rice ? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

What to do with Sidney Rice ?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What to do with Sidney Rice ?

Postby mss4481 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:53 pm

Worried about both the shoulder and the more than likely terrible Tavaris Jackson and Seattle Offense in general affecting his stats. Was thinking of either trying to trade him or just drop him and pick up someone else. Davone Bess, Brandon Gibson, Devery Henderson, and Early Doucet are on the waiver wire. I'm pretty stacked at WR with Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, and Wes Welker so ideally Rice will only have to play 2 or 3 weeks this year when the others are on their byes. My 5th WR is Jacoby Ford so I do have a guy that has some sleeper potential, but could also be a bust too. My TE is Gates so it's almost like having 4 guys that could easily put up as many or more points than any other team in my league's starting 3 WRs each week. If I do try to trade him, should I lean towards trying to get someone that is a solid/safe guy to put up decent numbers in case one of my starting 3 get hurt? Are any of the guys on waivers worth taking a shot on this year over Rice? or Should I just wait and see how things work out with Rice for a couple weeks once he is back? Thanks everyone.

Our league starts 3 WR, 2 RB no Flex.

Standard scoring: 6 pts touchdown receiving or rushing
1 pt for every 10 yards receiving or rushing.
no ppr
mss4481
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: What to do with Sidney Rice ?

Postby LMack » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:19 pm

Even with the injury and the Tavaris Jackson situation I think you are best staying with Sidney Rice. You said it yourself, you are well equipped at WR so it isn't necessarily a "need". In non-PPR leagues, lower tier wide receiver get almost all their value from getting in to the endzone. Even if his QB is bad and his team is bad, Sidney Rice is still a physical receiver and the best bet to lead the Seahawks in touchdowns. The upside of Rice is higher than all of the WRs you mentioned, so you are better off holding on to upside at this point in time with studs in front of him.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: What to do with Sidney Rice ?

Postby MadDog36 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:17 pm

Unless you can upgrade seriously, hang onto him. Mike Williams was solid last year and Rice is way more talented. CBS has him down as #4 WR MISTAKE.
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 134)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions