Advice for my Mom's Roster? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Advice for my Mom's Roster?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Advice for my Mom's Roster?

Postby MetalMario » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:10 pm

Hey guys. A group of ten of my mom's co-workers have a fantasy football league, and one of them isn't able to play this year. My mom is good friends with them, so they asked if my she wanted in. My mom is a huge sports fan - even more so than my dad - and decided to join. A couple weeks ago, they had the draft, and yesterday, she and my dad went to meet up with the league to watch the games. I decided to keep up with the games and points, all the while learning how it works and doing some research about the players, rankings, etc. Turns out, I had a great time just keeping up with it, and my mom is having a blast as well. After church we sat down and continued to watch the games last night as well, and it looks like she'll win her first match up - Hopefully, at least - at the moment she's over 25 points ahead and both teams have only one remaining player this week. I continued to do research, scout out the competition throughout the night, and I told her I'd help keep up with updates, trades, do research, and help her out throughout the season.

I hope to use all the information I get to help her build a strong team, and, starting out, I'm wondering how our roster looks. She was able to keep a couple dynasty players from the guy who's place she took, and, of course, she drafted the rest. Here are the players on our roster right now.

QB Matt Schaub
WR Larry Fitzgerald
WR Reggie Wayne
WR Brandon Marshall
RB Michael Turner
RB Mark ingram
TE Jason Witten
Q/W/R/T Kevin Kolb

BN Marshawn Lynch
BN Fred Jackson
BN Michael Crabtree
BN Donald Driver
BN Mercedes Lewis
BN Pierre Thomas
BN Colt McCoy

K Adam Vinateri - we may drop him because of the Peyton situation

DEF Baltimore Ravens

I'd love to hear any and all comments you guys have on this roster, and thanks a lot for taking time to help us out. Any advice would be greatly welcome, both about the roster and other tips that beginners should know.
MetalMario
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Advice for my Mom's Roster?

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:27 pm

First i should complimenting you by doing fantasy football as a family, i admire that

This team is average, it have little chance of winning the championship, and okay chance of getting into play-off

seeing it as 2 QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, first thing i'll do is grab Newton or Henne from waiver, prefer Newton over Henne
of course there's risk that Newton is just beginner's luck and Henne just had a great game. However, seeing you have Kolb and C.Mccoy, i would much rather try Newton even he is still a rookie QB, and you'll never know if he become next Michael Vick

your WRs is good, however, Fitz isn't so hot without good QB, and Kolb in my opinion doesn't work.
Wayne surprisingly hold himself without Manning (in the world of fantasy point), but just make you wonder how long can he go without Manning.

good TE, probably don't need Lewis just for bye week TE, might trade someone for better RB or WR if Fitz or Wayne bust

Turner is good, but Ingram is weak RB2, i would much prefer F.Jackson, he had great week1, and possibly better week2, i feel he might become 2011 top 10 RB.

drop Driver for J.Nelson, drop Crabtree for D. Henderson, those two are the possibly best free agent you can find, especially after week1 performance. Crabtree's injury is really hurting his score, and seeing you have 3 good WRs already, therefore you want some healthy stable WR as your bench.

Kick matter less, but see if you can find S. Janikowski or Nice Folk if available on waiver.
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 224)

Re: Advice for my Mom's Roster?

Postby MetalMario » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:20 pm

Thanks a lot for the reply. Strangely, I noticed that her league doesn't even have waivers. Once dropped, I can pick anyone up immediately, so I continuously check back on free agents. I saw that Matt Bryant was free earlier, and just before I decided to drop Vinatieri for him, one of the other managers picked him up. (This was at 1:14 am... I was hoping I was the only late night lurker :-C ) However, I am curious to see if Vinatieri has more field goal opportunities next week, though...

Anyway, I'll take your advice and check to see who's available at the positions you talked about. Thanks again for the reply.

If there is any other advice anyone has, I'd be extremely happy to hear it, as well.

P.S. My mom won her first matchup. :-D 124.76 to 86.28

However, we've got a really tough one this week. Again, any more advice would be great.

Edit: Hmm. Seems like none of those guys are free. Henne was taken at 2:13 am this morning... One of the guys dropped Jacoby Ford for him. I'll keep looking.
MetalMario
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Roster Ratings