What do ya'll think about my first fantasy team? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

What do ya'll think about my first fantasy team?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What do ya'll think about my first fantasy team?

Postby Jeff Kearns » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:15 pm

I've been an extremely avid football fan my entire life, but have never tried fantasy football until this year. I actually gave my girlfriend's dad advice all through the year two seasons ago and helped him win his league in his first year, so I feel pretty confident. However, I'd like you guys to let me know what you think of my team. It's a ten team league non-ppr

QBs: Drew Brees, Mathew Stafford
RBs: Adrian Peterson, Jahvid Best, Jonathan Stewart, Ben Tate
WRs: Reggie Wayne, Brandon Marshall, Dez Bryant, Steve Smith (CAR), Michael Crabtree
TEs: Vernon Davis, Mercedes Lewis
K: Stephen Gostkowski
DEF: Atlanta
Jeff Kearns
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 28)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: What do ya'll think about my first fantasy team?

Postby TaDa » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:53 am

Great team. The only weakness is the WRs. The news about Peyton didn't do you any good after you drafted Wayne.

Wayne's value drops because of Collins
Marshall is the clear cut WR1 in Miami. He was targeted a bunch of times in the end zone last night. Had he caught one of them, he would have had a monster game. His yards were still nice
Bryant didn't show me a ton against the Jets. Just didn't seem to have the burst he usually does. He will most likely get better as the season goes on.
Steve Smith was a monster, and if Newton can keep it up, he's going to be a beast this year.
Crabtree is a bum. Drop him.

Overall I give the wideouts a B. I don't think Smith is going to stay "under the radar" for long and cannot be considered a weekly WR1. I have Marshall as a high WR2. All you're missing is a solid WR1. I think your team makes the playoffs as is though.
TaDa
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 100)

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:41 pm

i used to agree on how Wayne going to go down without Manning, however, after week1, i think things might have gone opposite

When Manning is around, Colt is very aggressive and every WR and TE in Colt will have better performance. (therefore, better ff score)
However, now Collins is the QB, Colts overall ff score on WR and TE drop, except Wayne, simply because there's no other people to trust on the field.
Therefore, instead expect QB to make good throw, that's just expect elite WR to make a good catch.

it's like
Manning -->> every WR and TE benefit
Collins ---->> all the benefit goes to Wayne, now Wayne become the core of the offense.

However, i don't think it's all Collins fault, Colts offense line is pretty bad.

Colts as a team will goes down, but Wayne as individual might have decent performance in 2011

I do agree on Newton, he might become new 2011 Vick
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 224)

Postby kjmiller127 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:06 am

Great QBs, especially with Brees as your #1

Pretty good running backs. I dont like stewart a whole lot, but maybe if Cam Newton has a good year their running game can be better

WR's can go either way. Like one of the previous posts I do agree that Wayne will get a lot of looks, but also will be double covered so that might be a push. Marshall is as good as the QB throwing him the ball, and henne has been unreliable recently (except for week 1 obviously where he went nuts!)

Contrary to what the previous post said I like your WR's. They would be greater if it were a PPR obviously, but theres a lot of upside with marshall, bryant, smith and crabtree. i think thats pretty deep

Pretty good TE's too, even lewis has had decent years.

Not sure about ATL Def, will have to see

I give your team a solid 8 out of 10 with an upside to be even better depending on production obviously
kjmiller127
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 52)

Return to Roster Ratings