Rate My Team! PLzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rate My Team! PLzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rate My Team! PLzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Postby New Dude » Wed Sep 04, 2002 9:16 am

Here's My Team

QB-Rich Gannon, M. Brunel

RB-P. Holmes, A. Thomas, E.Smith, T. Canidate

WR-R.Moss, Kevin Johnson, Jerry Rice, S. Moss, D. Patten

TE-D.Sloan, W. Walls

K-Gramatica, Edinger

D-Packers, Pats

Thanks in advance!
New Dude

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Team rating.

Postby trentvaughn » Wed Sep 04, 2002 1:17 pm

I think that you have a fairly good team. Your QB position is your weak spot. Gannon is getting older and may lose production because of the loss of Jon Gruden. Brunell looked awful during the pre-season, but Smith is back and he'll probably have a good year.

RB looks good, although some additional depth wouldn't hurt. You've got two one-year wonders, a backup, and a future hall of famer (old man).

WR is very nice. Good mixture. They could win you the league.

TE is not so great, but Sloan is a good TE to have

You should only carry one kicker. And if it's Martin Gramatica, then it should be him. Drop the other and get some RB help.

Trentvaughn
trentvaughn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby terpfan » Wed Sep 04, 2002 1:49 pm

your starters are very good at rb and wr. qbs are decent. sloan isnt great but he'll do. k and d wont hurt u. drop edinger and pick up a rb. ur depth at that position isnt good. depth is a weakness overall but rb depth is the biggest problem.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby kashikis » Wed Sep 04, 2002 2:27 pm

you did well overall but you should look into getting another RB to help with depth instead of loading up with kickers your top 2 are great but emmit will lose his job eventually and trung will only play barring injury to faulk and in the last few games
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby n_tremain23 » Wed Sep 04, 2002 2:37 pm

I disagree with your Qb's,you got two Top 20 QB's who will not lose any production this year.Signing Jimmy Smith shot Brunnell's numbers way up,without him,his numbers would have been down this year.At RB you got two Top 10 backs,a dwindling future 'famer,and Marshall Faulk's backup.You have 2 really good starters,but not much depth.At WR you have three Top 20 receivers,and Moss comes with major upside.I agree that you don't want to carry 2 kickers.One thing,you may want to try to trade Emmitt,Candidate,and Patten for a more reliable backup RB.Or you can see who's available on the FA list.Either way,that's the only place where I can see you need an upgrade.
n_tremain23

Return to Football Talk