Newton/Henne pickup as my backup - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Newton/Henne pickup as my backup

Moderator: Football Moderators

Newton/Henne pickup as my backup

Postby nocode » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:18 am

I have Brady as my primary and currently have Fitzpatrick on the bench, but they both have the same byes. Should I drop Fitzpatrick for one of these two or try to trade him later on? I'm also trying to pickup Devery on waivers. I caught some Newton highlights on Youtube. Is he for real or was the Card's D really bad? That one play to Smith, he was left wide open, but he made a good throw.
nocode
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Newton/Henne pickup as my backup

Postby JaysFan » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:03 am

I like Fitzpatrick a lot but you can't deny how impressive Newton looked, though it was against a suspect D, still very impressive nonetheless. I'd make a quick attempt to trade Fitzpatrick and then drop him for Newton if you can't.

Help me??? viewtopic.php?t=496045
JaysFan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 26)

Postby mpt3489 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:58 am

I like Fitzpatrick the most out of all those guys. He is a smart QB with solid weapons around him. I believe in Fred Jackson and Steve Johnson and the offense is built for him to throw. Newton will be a lot less impressive most weeks. The Cardinals secondary is anemic and watching the game there were a lot of wide open receivers. Going forward with his ability to run and throw I'd take Newton over Henne and you'll probably start Brady every week, so maybe grabbing Newton is your best option.

Thanks for the help!
mpt3489
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Kirby » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:07 am

I would attempt to trade fitzpatrick for now. If you make it all the way to the bye week, then maybe dump him, but I would hold out for now and try to trade him. Someone will get hurt at some point and there will be teams who need QB, so you should be able to trade him at that point
Kirby
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 68)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions