Pick up Hernandex? Who to drop? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Pick up Hernandex? Who to drop? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Pick up Hernandex? Who to drop? WHIR

Postby joegoody41 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:26 am

I'm in a 12 team league that starts QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR/TE, TE, DEF, K. Here's my team:

QB: Matt Ryan, Ryan Fitz
RB: Foster, McFadden, Benson, Tolbert, Tate (handcuff), M. Bush (handcuff)
WR: Nicks, Marshall, Mike Thomas, Collie, Knox
TE: Keller
DEF: SF
K: Bryant

I'm fairly happy with my team right now, but as you can see, I'm kind of weak at that 3rd WR/TE spot. Thomas should continue to get plenty of targets, but only 55 yds is not going to cut it for one of my regular starters. Knox could do better with Roy Williams banged up, but it's kind of a crap-shoot with Chicago WR. It's only one game, but Collie seems useless without Manning.

Aaron Hernandex is available on the WW, and since I'm not too pysched about Keller and could start both if I wanted to, I'm looking at him as a pretty nice option. He's the backup to Gronkowski, but as we saw last night, should still get plenty of targets. However, they probably won't tear up teams like that every week, and Brady spreads the ball around a lot.

So, should I pick up Hernandez? If so, who should I drop? I only used a late round pick on Thomas, but right now he's my 3rd best WR. Is it too early to give up on Collie? Ditto for Knox?

EDIT: Other players available on the WW: Early Doucet, Devery Henderson, Fred Davis, Scott Chandler, Jermaine Gresham

Thank in advance. Leave a link and I'll help you out.
Last edited by joegoody41 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
joegoody41
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 69)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Pick up Hernandex? Who to drop? WHIR

Postby dude,micah » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:55 am

Id drop knox or thomas but knox first

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=496039
QB: Philip Rivers
WR: Andre Johnson
WR: Miles Austin
RB: Tim Hightower
TE: Brandon Pettigrew
WR/RB/TE: Kenny Britt
K: Alex Henery
DEF: Detroit
Bench
RB:Mark Ingram
WR: Percy Harvin
RB:CJ spiller
QB: Chad Henne
dude,micah
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby etl1692 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:09 am

I'd drop Thomas. Although Collie wont do much without Peyton.... Lets get real the Colts themselves wont do well without Peyton. It is hard to drop Collie though. Therefore Im saying drop thomas. I really like Hernandez. He showed some great athleticism last night, and quite frankly I dont care who you are, but when you have Tom Brady Mr. MVP throwing you the ball your bound for points! (I just picked up Hernandez myself)

viewtopic.php?t=495978
etl1692
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 42)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ATLbraves » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:30 am

I would drop Collie or one of your handcuffs for Hernandez. I would hang on to Thomas a little bit longer and see how he does, he is the number 1 WR in Jacksonville and you cant find #1 WR's on the FA very often.

help with mine please:
viewtopic.php?t=496059
ATLbraves
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rclement3915 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:26 am

i would drop Knox and pickup Hernandez or Gresham...

Gresham is gonna get alot of targets as the saftey valve and is the red zone threat as well.
rclement3915
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby BearsFan65 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:34 am

Thanks for the help with mine. Replying to your comment on mine, our short benches really make carrying a backup QB a burden. I've found it more practical to load up on RB/WR and find that plug-in QB on the bye week when I have to.

As for yours - I think Collie is your drop. Knox will eventually be the #1 WR in Chicago (they'll figure it out around week 6), and as you said, #'1's are hard to come by on the wire. Collie is a slot receiver, and with Peyton that's a great thing, but with Kerry Collins it's almost useless. He's a classic "throw to the X and Z receivers" QB, and the TE is the next option. Collie will get a catch or three each week, but his crazy upside had everything to do with his QB. Hernandez is definitely a step up, both in terms of current production and upside. Pats will run multiple TE sets all year, and throw out of them whenever they want. Will both TE's go nuts in the same game often? Nope, but no reason to think Hernandez won't catch 4-5 balls a game minimum, and you saw firsthand last night what he can do with those catches. Good luck!
BearsFan65
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 45)

Postby Conrax » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:27 pm

I would drop Collie, because like everyone is seeing that Indy offense without Peyton is horrible. Right now with Colston out Devery Henderson is your best bet Brees will still throw the ball around but Henderson should get more targets with Colston out, and if Lance Moore is still injured you could see Henderson basically be the #1 WR in New Orleans. Then as Colston is getting ready to return I would look the waivers again and see how Doucet has done and see how Hernandez is faring.

Help me:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=496080
Conrax
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions