Adding Salaries to a Dynasty League - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Adding Salaries to a Dynasty League

Moderator: Football Moderators

Adding Salaries to a Dynasty League

Postby fn1cn2 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:44 am

I run a 10-team dynasty league that is just now starting it's 3rd season. Everyone has had a lot of fun with it so far, we had the same group of people in a redraft league for about 5 years, and decided to take the plunge into dynasty 2 years ago. The rosters are fairly large, with 35 players, but we do start 6 defensive players. I've had one guy suggest that we really need to have salaries and a salary cap going forward. I am struggling to see the benefit of doing this when we are already 2 years into a dynasty.

He has suggested that it will get stale, and that teams shouldn't be able to keep players indefinitely. Our roster turnover has been good, with player turnover ranging from 60-75% over the first 2 years. We have had quite a few trades, which has definitely helped with that. Additionally, I am not sure how we would actually assign dollar values with such a large roster, and IDP's.

My questions are for anyone who is in a regular dynasty league, and for anyone that has a salary cap league. If you've been in a dynasty league, have you had any long-term problems with it getting stale and poor roster turnover? Would you find it feasible to change it over to a salary cap? IF you have a salary capped dynasty, where do you get values from? We did not have an auction, so we would have to assign dollar values for each player. Thanks for any input on this.
fn1cn2
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner