trade offers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

trade offers

Moderator: Football Moderators

trade offers

Postby introspect » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:48 am

I'm in a 8 team head-to-head yahoo league.

QB/ 1 - Tony Romo || Josh freeman
RB/ 2 - Chris Johnson, Darren McFadden || Tim Hightower, BenJarvus Green-Ellis
WR/ 3 - Hakeem Nicks, Brandon Marshall, Brandon Lloyd || Chad Ochocinco, Plaxico Burress
TE/ 1 - Jason Witten || Aaron Hernandez
K 1 - Matt Bryant
DEF - Pittsburgh

I sent the following trade offers:
1) Romo + Ochocinco for big Ben and Dez
2) Tim Hightower + Burress for Andre Johnson
3) Romo + Lloyd for Drew Brees

I also have 2nd WW priority and want to pick up a hot commodity or two. Here's some players sitting on the waiver wire. Should I drop Ochocinco and Green-Ellis for anyone below?

WR: Steve Smith, Eary Doucet, Devery Henderson, Randal Cobb, Jordy Nelson,
RB: Ben Tate, Carnell Williams, Fred Jackson
TE: Rob Gronkowski
QB: Cam Newton
introspect
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: trade offers

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:21 pm

Hi there, and welcome to the Cafe! Great to see a new face 'round these parts ;-D

As for your trade offers, I doubt any of those are accepted other than maybe the third one. I probably wouldn't give up Romo and Lloyd for Brees though, as it'll leave you a bit thin at WR and doesn't upgrade your QB position THAT much on a week-to-week basis. I like Lloyd more than most, though, so take that for what it's worth. The first two deals just don't look to have the firepower to land the upgrades at WR, though the first one COULD conceivably be accepted by an owner in just the right spot.

Just a side note, it seems like you might be in knee-jerk mode and reeling a bit after a bad first week - make sure you don't overreact to a bad (nationally televised) game by Romo, or by the seemingly underproduction of Ocho - it'll take him a while to get into the NE offense before you'll really know what to do with him.

For FA pickups, the only guys I'd recommend you picking up is Steve Smith, as he'd be a HUGE addition to your team and likely your WR3. If you got him, making the Lloyd trade wouldn't be as hurtful to your team. In an 8-team league, I'd almost be inclined to drop Freeman for Smith and just roll with Romo or a trade target and then run a WW guy in there on his bye week. BUT, I don't see the Law Firm doing much for you in an 8-team league when you have Johnson and McFadden as every-week starters and Hightower as a potentially productive backup. I'd probably drop BJGE for Smith if you can get him, wait for a week or two for a trade to work out and/or for your bench situation to become more clear with regards to Ocho/Plax/Hernandez and then go from there ...
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: trade offers

Postby introspect » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:51 pm

Great feedback! Thanks for the insight and helping me understand some of these deals I was foolishly offering. I'm going to pull a few of the back. I definitely had a bit of a knee-jerk reaction with a few key starters not performing to par (especially CJ, but I know this will change next week, and the whole PITS defense). On top of it, I was up in my matchup against my opponent who only had Tom Brady and Wes Walker scheduled for Monday, while I had Lloyd, Marshal, and McFadden...and the outcome, I got smoked, bad!

Eitherway, I like your point on Freeman, maybe not as necessary. I think I will look to hold onto him and use him as trade-bait along with guys like Lloyd (if I'm able to drop Green-Ellis and pick up Steve Smith)
introspect
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions