Eli, VJax, & Moreno for Forte...too good to be true? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Eli, VJax, & Moreno for Forte...too good to be true?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Eli, VJax, & Moreno for Forte...too good to be true?

Postby jlohalo » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:11 pm

8 Team Non PPR League
Starters and (BENCH)
QB: A Rodgers, J Freeman (C McCoy)
RB: M Forte, R Rice (C Benson, M Ingram)
WR: A Boldin, M Colston, G Jennings, M Williams - TB (B Marshall, J Jones - GB, A Brown - PIT, S Smith - CAR)
TE: V Davis (B Pettigrew)
K: S Suisham (J Kasay)
DE: Pitt (KC)

I've been offered:
Eli Manning
Vincent Jackson
Knowshon Moreno

For:
Matt Forte

If I accept I'll drop C Palmer and J Jones (GB) to make my roster legal.

I love Forte, but is this too much to pass on? I think the trade makes my team overall better, but maybe a step backwards on gameday since I don't believe Benson or Moreno will put up Forte numbers throughout the season. I'm also already pretty solid at WR, but VJax - he good.

Thoughts? Send me your trades or questions and I'll also reply. Thanks!!!
jlohalo
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Eli, VJax, & Moreno for Forte...too good to be true?

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:40 pm

There's a lot of value there, but these are precisely the types of deals I want to avoid in shallow leagues. If it's a 12-teamer or larger and you gain two starters for a guy like Forte, then by all means it's money, but considering you'll downgrade to Benson/Ingram as an every-week starter and have a bench guy in Moreno you'd hardly use and you'd pickup a worthless fourth QB that you wouldn't even use much in a 2QB format, it essentially comes down to Forte for VJax. With Boldin, Jennings, Mike Williams (bucs) Marshall, and Smith you already have a WR1 and three solid high-end WR2-types - why would you add another one to that mix and cause a weekly headache greater than the one you'll already have with those 5 guys? I think this deal just waters down your starters and gives you more of a conundrum on a weekly basis, so I recommend passing - it's not nearly as "good" as it might look on the surface ...
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jlohalo » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:28 pm

Thanks WaCougMBS! Read a few of your other posts as well...you should write fantasy football analysis for a living :-)
jlohalo
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 2)

Postby sweettortilla » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:44 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:There's a lot of value there, but these are precisely the types of deals I want to avoid in shallow leagues. If it's a 12-teamer or larger and you gain two starters for a guy like Forte, then by all means it's money, but considering you'll downgrade to Benson/Ingram as an every-week starter and have a bench guy in Moreno you'd hardly use and you'd pickup a worthless fourth QB that you wouldn't even use much in a 2QB format, it essentially comes down to Forte for VJax. With Boldin, Jennings, Mike Williams (bucs) Marshall, and Smith you already have a WR1 and three solid high-end WR2-types - why would you add another one to that mix and cause a weekly headache greater than the one you'll already have with those 5 guys? I think this deal just waters down your starters and gives you more of a conundrum on a weekly basis, so I recommend passing - it's not nearly as "good" as it might look on the surface ...

Wow, this is some really solid advice. Agree with it, and I'm impressed.

Help with mine? viewtopic.php?f=18&t=496108
sweettortilla
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions