WHIR L.McCoy for R White - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

WHIR L.McCoy for R White

Moderator: Football Moderators

WHIR L.McCoy for R White

Postby bdk140 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:30 pm

Thinking of trading McCoy for a top Tier WR Megatron, Roddy White, Jennings
May leave me thin at running back but definately an upgrade to wr check it out either straight up or a package deal to one owner of McCoy/Rice for White/Hightower
12 team 2qb PPR start QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, Q/W/R/T
QB Brees, Stafford,Collins
Wr Nicks, Rice, Floyd, Antonio Brown, Jacoby Ford
rb McCoy, Wells, Jones, Cadillac Williams, Delone Carter, Hardesty
Te Clark, Olson
Will help in return leave a link wondering if i should move him now or stick to what i got
bdk140
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: WHIR L.McCoy for R White

Postby rclement3915 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:42 pm

i would NOT.

McCoy may get 70-80 receptions this year, and is the primary RB as well.... i def wouldnt, esp considering he likely gets as many receptions as a top WR plus rushing yds.

viewtopic.php?t=496060#p3341978
rclement3915
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:45 pm

No way I'd do this in PPR, especially with your roster. Keep McCoy as your anchor and try to deal a lesser WR and a lesser RB for that upgrade at WR2. You need to find a trade partner who has a stud WR but has terrible depth and could use some RB help as well. If you could keep Shady and Felix at RB and Nicks and a trade-target at WR you'd be really looking good going forward. You might not be able to get Megatron this way, but you can certainly get someone better than Rice/Floyd/etc. with Wells and one of the aforementioned WRs. Your other option would be to try an include Stafford in a deal for someone strapped at QB, as he's still gonna be bench guy for you at least 15 weeks this year and is a huge injury risk. You have plenty of depth at positions like QB and TE, and if you can keep McCoy, Felix, Nicks and Brees as your "Big 4" and upgrade your second WR, that would be the ideal improvement to your squad that I'd shoot for ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Conrax » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:50 pm

I can see why you want to make that trade but L McCoy is a beast in PPR format, which is why he is usually drafted around 5th overall for PPR formats. If you want to trade him to get something back, I would holdout for as much as possible and I think you can get more then just White for L McCoy. Honestly I just wouldn't trade him because he is that good, I would try to trade Wells, maybe Felix and package one of your WRs other then Nicks to go along and see what you get that way.

Help with mine:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=496080
Conrax
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions