Week 2 - Cutler, Orton or Henne? - WHIR!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Week 2 - Cutler, Orton or Henne? - WHIR!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 2 - Cutler, Orton or Henne? - WHIR!!!

Postby MrMoJoRisin63 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:05 pm

cubanrob19 wrote:So I chose Orton over Cutler in week one due to the match ups, and Cutler scored me 10 more FP's then Orton ... but I won my week anyways.

Now comes week 2 ...

Cutler will be playin at New Orleans, I dont see Chicago coming anywhere near winning that game, but the plus side is that Cutler will prob be shooting it out in the second half to try and come back.

Orton will be hosting the Bengals ... I can see this being a closer game, but I think Orton needs to prove himself since the forth quarter, the fans were all chanting "Tebow" over and over! (THATS GOTTA SUCK!) I think he did OK, but when the pressure was on he kept trying to thread the ball into double and triple coverate, and if it wasnt for the rain or a sub-par defense, I could have seen a couple more INT's!

Henne will be hosting the Texans ... they're defense has greatly improved, but I still think that there secondary is sub-par. Not to mention that Henne showed some promise against the Patriots ... on top of his very good reciever Marshall, he now has a great weapon underneath with Reggie Bush, and he utilized that to the fullest!

oh yea ... and my league is Team QB's ... so if they bring in a backup QB througout the game, I get his stats too.

thanks in advance ... and WHIR!!!

I am riding Cutler for a while Henne was a fluke and failed in the RZ. Cutler is in year two of this offense and IMO a pretty solid choice. I say ride Cutler until he fails you.
MrMoJoRisin63
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby cubanrob19 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:12 pm

Yea, I live in Houston as well, so I know exactly what your talking about! They can be a pretty frustrating team to be a fan of sometimes ... and to make it worse on me, my other team is the Dolphins ... I wont even start with them! lol

I hear ya about Orton, but what I really didnt like about his performance Monday night was that when the pressure was on, he was making some really bad pass decisions that should have been intercepted, but luckily werent cause of the rain!

I think Im ready to rule Orton out of this race ... Im liking Cutlers position, playing a team that likes shoot outs and doesnt have a great defense. I just read that Urlacker might not play this weekend due to a family emergency, and without him on defense, I can see the Saints scoring more and easier, which means Cutler is going to have to also move the ball down and score frequently.

With Henne as of right now, I can see it going complete opposite ways ... he can have a great game or get shut down all together!

And then there's Sam Bradford on my waiver wire that I can pickup ... I just dont know much about him or the Rams offense.
RECORD: 1-3
QB: J.Cutler, M.Hasselbeck, T.Tebow
RB: L.McCoy, R.Mendenhall, F.Jones, L.Tomlinson, I.Redman
WR: D.Bryant, S.Holmes, Stevie Johnson, D.Nelson, N.Washington
TE: V.Davis
K: A.Henery
D/ST: Bengals
cubanrob19 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby cubanrob19 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:08 pm

MrMoJoRisin63 wrote:
I am riding Cutler for a while Henne was a fluke and failed in the RZ. Cutler is in year two of this offense and IMO a pretty solid choice. I say ride Cutler until he fails you.

I'm not sold that Henne was a fluke Monday night ... Do I think he's gonna have more 400+ yard games ... Prob not, but I think with the added dimension that Bush brought to that offense has helped Henne be more effective.
RECORD: 1-3
QB: J.Cutler, M.Hasselbeck, T.Tebow
RB: L.McCoy, R.Mendenhall, F.Jones, L.Tomlinson, I.Redman
WR: D.Bryant, S.Holmes, Stevie Johnson, D.Nelson, N.Washington
TE: V.Davis
K: A.Henery
D/ST: Bengals
cubanrob19 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby cloudwasher » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:10 pm

I would go with Cutler. I don't believe Henne all the sudden made a major jump from his very subpar performance last year, it more likely that the NE pass defense was horrendous last week. As for Orton, it's hard to trust him at this point with that O-line, especially if Lloyd might be out.
cloudwasher
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:22 pm

Yeah I have Cutler and Henne and I will probably be playing Cutler. Hes better. If Henne does what he did last week again though I can be convinced to start starting him. Until then though, its just one week and it was in a blowout game. That New Orleans D is not good.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby wiggythedog » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:30 pm

I think you will find your answer here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCWglk1Q ... re=related
wiggythedog
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:33 pm

wiggythedog wrote:I think you will find your answer here

LMAO!!
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Yceman » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:40 pm

latsprewell20002000 wrote:

LMAO!!

That was awesome! If Hitler doesn't want him, I do!
Yceman
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 19)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:25 am

please hire Hitler to replace Sparano
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 230)

Postby rclement3915 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:18 am

Id roll with Cutler... hell likely be throwing a ton to try and comeback/score points, and as we saw last week...the Saints can be thrown on.

Henne is still a ??? and Houstons D is improved. Orton i dont like in John Fox's system and with a banged up Moreno and Llyod his weapons are limited.
rclement3915
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

PreviousNext

Return to Who to Start/Bench