Miles Austin for Beanie Wells? WHIR 100% - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Miles Austin for Beanie Wells? WHIR 100%

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Miles Austin for Beanie Wells? WHIR 100%

Postby MattfKenyon » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:37 pm

I'm not sold on Wells and I think the Cowboys offense is going to do big things this year. The Arizona offense is probably not as good as it looked yesterday and that will directly affect Wells' production, not to mention Fitz is still the best player on the offense which is also not good for wells. Bryant might steal some catches from Austing but he will also do what he did last night which is steal coverage and attention leaving Austin to reap the benefits.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=496158
MattfKenyon
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby diablo99 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:40 pm

I myself have beanie. As you saw in my post I am thinking of trading him. While he's the number one I just don't trust him. He has been injury prone and they throw the ball a lot. I really like austin but as previous posters have said you have Stevie on you bench who is gonna put up numbers...I say take the chance this might be beanie's year to breakout. Thanks for the help on mine.
“You be the Magic Man, and I’ll be El Diablo.” “What’s that mean?” “I think it’s spanish for fighting chicken.”
diablo99
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 19)

Postby Coppa » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:07 pm

I would definitely try to get more than Beanie for Austin. Or try trading one of your bench receivers for Beanie. If not Beanie is not worth Austin, in my opinion.
Coppa
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby JRoZe628 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:13 pm

I wouldn't trade Miles for Beanie.

HELP:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=496205
JRoZe628
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ramble2 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:26 pm

I can see the reasoning here, especially if you are having trouble getting a deal done. However, I have a couple of suggestions. First of all, Blount is going to be better than he looked in Week 1. DET is tough to run against, TB was playing from behind, and it was all around a bad situation for him. The big red flag is that he was getting pulled on passing downs (from what I hear). The point is, your RB situation probably seems worse than it is (though it's definitely an area to try and improve).

Second, if you want to make the deal, maybe try for a package deal. Not just Austin for Wells, but Austin + Lynch for Wells + WR. That'll get you a more even return. Can you post the other team's roster? Maybe there are some packages we can suggest.
ramble2
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sportzgirl916 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:22 am

I also don't trust Beanie... stick with Miles! If you must get a RB, look at Ben Tate...Foster might have that hammy problem nagging at him..
sportzgirl916
Monday Morning Quarterback

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions