Have number 2 waiver...is Newton worth a waiver move? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Have number 2 waiver...is Newton worth a waiver move?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Have number 2 waiver...is Newton worth a waiver move?

Postby Emerald8h » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:33 pm

Hey, 10 team yahoo h2h public league with standard stats.....simply put is Newton worth using a waiver on, especially since I have the number 2 pick? The obvious drop would be Amendola since he is gone for who knows how long. I also have no backup QB. Henne is also on waivers but not sure if I would use a waiver on him. Thanks....WHIR

QB Ryan
WR Megatron, Jennings, Bryant
RB Charles, Forte
TE Gronkowski
K Bryant
DEF Chicago

BN Ryan Mathews, Tolbert, Lynch, Benson, Mike Thomas, Amendola
Emerald8h
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Have number 2 waiver...is Newton worth a waiver move?

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:40 pm

Newton is new stock, you'll never know if it'll become scrap paper or Facebook.
However, if newton failed, you can always get other waiver, but if newton is the new facebook stock, and you missed it...well....
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 224)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Emerald8h » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:42 pm

Other notables are Starks, Henderson, Meachem, and Henne.....
Emerald8h
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Conrax » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:11 pm

since this is not PPR I would drop Amendola now, and pickup Meachem who I like better and is a tad more consistent then henderson. I would think about picking up Starks but you already have enough depth at RB that I don't think grabbing starks would be make a real difference. Right now as far as backup QB, I would wait. It was Newton first real game against Arizona, if puts up similar numbers on Green Bay (his opponent this week) then I will be impressed. Right now I like Henne better then Newton that offense for Miami looked pretty good, the problem was the Miami defense not really the offense in that game. But I would spend the #2 waiver on Meachem he can help you more immediately then Henne can later.

Help with mine:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=496148
Conrax
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)

Postby shawngee03 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:29 pm

newton will get picke dup by somebody...so if you are wanting to wait and see until he plays GB then pick him up...he will not be there

so i say yes go for it...im in a 14 team league and am using my 2nd waiver spot on him. if he goes like Vick last year then you make it to the finals in your league. if you pass, then someoen else does. and if he fails...oh well.

ive found that holding onto the top waiver spot is over rated....all it does is make you not take chances on picking up the next hot guy. it allows the guys w lower spots to take all the chances they want...as you sit there doing nothing hoping something amazing comes along. i say use it now
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby srlarson » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:59 pm

In Most Leagues I would put Cadilac as the #1 pick up...then Mecham.....I WOULD NOT use a pick at this time on Newton or Henne.......

Another sneeky pick is S Smith of Philly.......he was suppose to be out 6 weeks.....but actually was active week 1.....get him beofre he blows up in Philly........with d Jack and Maclin on the outside, Smith will be a PPR stud!!

Good Luck.
srlarson
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 26)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions