Need Trade Help!!! WHIR 100% - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Need Trade Help!!! WHIR 100%

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Need Trade Help!!! WHIR 100%

Postby pbfrk4life » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:19 pm

I like Hillis and Wells better. Benson is getting old and is looking slow. Wells is a break out candidate and Hillis is a man monster. Try to get either of them.
pbfrk4life
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 40)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dolfan19 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:37 pm

I think you are on the right track of trying to unload a WR for a RB. you would definitely need a pick to even out the trade, but you wouldn't really get a premium pick, so the trade might not really work. Benson is nice to have as a possible flex because he is predictable. if he's playing a weak defense, he is probably going to go for 80 yards with a good chance of a TD. if he is playing the steelers, you can expect 20 carries for 55 yards and no TDs. he's probably not going to win you any games with 25+ point performances, which austin can do. hillis' schedule, plus the fact that the browns got their high draft pick, hardesty, back worries me a bit too much. and beanie's past performance/ injury history also worry me a lot. I think you are on the right track, but still haven't found the ideal trade. good luck! ;-D
Dolfan19
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby randybjh » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:43 pm

I would stay with Hillis. If you give up Miles Austin for Benson, you need to get a top pick, no lower than 3.

Thanks for your response to my post.
randybjh
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 33)

Postby blazed118 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:56 pm

I've owned Benson over the last couple years in various leagues, and was very frustrated by him. I believe Hillis is the best deal out of all the RB's you mentioned. However, as you stated already, he plays against some brutal defenses, and the way he wore down last year would worry me.

Personally, I think Austin is way too much to give up even for Hillis.
blazed118
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 10)

Postby dawg17 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:17 pm

I agree with some others, I would go Hillis, if possible, the offense will come around and his life will get a bit easier especially after the debacle this week in Cleveland, remember Benson got more than half his points on one late touchdown run, Cleveland actually bottled him up.

please help with mine

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=496245
dawg17
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Conrax » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:32 pm

Since it is PPR I would go Hillis - Wells - Benson. I don't trust Benson much less anybody on the Cincy offense. Hillis does have the tough schedule but if he can put up production like last season he should be fine. With Chester Taylor in Arizona now he will probably steal goal-line carries from Wells and I can see Taylor being involved in the passing game for Arizona so can take some production away from Wells.

As for the trade itself. If you are trading Austin you need to get a draft pick for any one of these RBs. I think you can get at least 4th round (would try for a 3rd) to go along with Hillis, the other two you need at least a 3rd round. Though I think with Austin you can get more, maybe a package of Austin and a bench RB and go after Gore, Mendenhall, Forte. Can maybe try to lowball Mendenhall owner since basically the whole Pittsburgh team was awful for week 1, even though they should be back on track for this coming week.
Conrax
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)

Postby ATLbraves » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:52 pm

Bump
ATLbraves
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Osk » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:02 am

Do you think you could get Gore for Austin? Or Mendenhall for Austin and Lynch? If so, I'd go that route instead.

I do like Benson however. He has a easy schedule for the most part, and particularly in the playoff weeks. Offer him Mike Williams for Cedric Benson straight up. It's more fair than Austin for Benson imo. Austin is just too valuable in that high powered offense, with Dez making sure Austin doesn't get double teamed anymore.

Good luck!
Osk
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 20)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:27 am

ATLbraves wrote:I could potentially get Cedric Benson for my Miles Austin, but I think I am giving up too much. So I am going to try and get a draft pick in return to even the trade out.

Do you think this would be a good move for me? Or should I continue to pursue another trade?

I could possibly trade for Beanie Wells or Peyton Hillis, would you rather have Beanie, Hillis or Benson?

The main thing scaring me away from Hillis is his strength of schedule. The Browns have a very tough schedule this year, especially near the end of the season.

12 team h2h PPR (.5)

Starting Roster:
QB - Matt Ryan
WR - Roddy White
WR - Miles Austin
WR - Greg Jennings
RB - DeAngelo Williams
RB - LeGarrette Blount
TE - Jason Witten
WR/RB/TE - Mike Williams

Bench:
Knowshon Moreno
(Den - RB)
Johnny Knox
(Chi - WR)
Daniel Thomas
(Mia - RB)
Stevie Johnson
(Buf - WR)
Marshawn Lynch
(Sea - RB)

WHIR just leave a link

I think you have 4 solid WR's to start every week but you are obviously very week at the RB spot. Az put up an 8 man front because they didnt trust a rookie qb. 400+ passing yds later maybe they re think their game plan. I am concerned about your RB's. Deangelo is going to lose a decent amount of the few carries available to Stewart and We now know if Tampa is down who they will go to to try and catch up.

I think you really need to try and leverage your strengths in the WR spot to get a decent RB you can play every week. A guy like Stevie Johnson on the bench is worthless when your RB's are not sufficient.

Out of Beanie, Hillis, and Benson I have them Hillis, Beanie, Benson but it really depends on what is offered for each. Giving Austin for Benson is too much. I do believe you need to even it out with a draft pic.

Tough to say what to do here but I think you need to analyze the future draft picks for what you are giving up. Sometimes you need to let week 1 set in before making a move though so be sure not to jump the gun
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby MadDog36 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:30 am

Hillis straight up, Wells + 2nd round or nothing.
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 132)
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions