Need Trade Help!!! WHIR 100% - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Need Trade Help!!! WHIR 100%

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Need Trade Help!!! WHIR 100%

Postby ATLbraves » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:48 am

So you feel that trading Miles Austin for Beanie would be giving up too much? I just really think I need a strong RB if I want to compete this year. I lost pretty bad the first week since LaGarette and DeAngelo both put up nothing. Should I wait another week and see how they do or do you agree that I need to trade for a RB now?

I could also potentially target Peyton Hillis (can be kept in the 11th round next year), Cedric Benson, or Shonn Greene. I've tried to trade for other RB's, but the owners won't even consider trading them. So I am pretty much stuck with these options.

12 team h2h PPR (.5)

Starting Roster:
QB - Matt Ryan
WR - Roddy White
WR - Miles Austin
WR - Greg Jennings
RB - DeAngelo Williams
RB - LeGarrette Blount
TE - Jason Witten
WR/RB/TE - Mike Williams

Bench:
Knowshon Moreno
(Den - RB)
Johnny Knox
(Chi - WR)
Daniel Thomas
(Mia - RB)
Stevie Johnson
(Buf - WR)
Marshawn Lynch
(Sea - RB)
ATLbraves
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Crunchers » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:05 am

I like hillis but his schedule is tough and I don't mccoy helping him out much since I don't like Clevelands WRs. I personally am not a fan of Benson and he has the same problem with a weak passing game support. B wells was a player I picked to have a unexpected great year. If I were you I wouldn't trade M Austin yet, wait to see how the Romo does this week and if Romo is shaky. Trade Austin and take what you can get! If Romo plays well keep austin and if you still want to trade austin later trade him for a higher level RB
Crunchers
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby sheethappens » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:12 am

Damn, I typing out a long response for you and the site bugged out and I lost it. Basically, stand pat with your current roster. Your RB's may not be overly strong but they aren't as bad as you think. Trading away Austin would be a big mistake and make your team weaker IMO. Right now you are playing 4 WR's and if you trade Austin then you are seriously hurting that depth.

As far as the RB's you listed are concerned, Well is the best of the bunch but he's a HUGE injury risk. He's just not big enough to withstand the constant pounding from being a featured back IMO. He reminds me of an even less effective Caddy Williams. If he's healthy then it may be a good move for you but personally, I would take that chance. Benson is on the down slide and isn't an upgrade over Moreno or Lynch IMO. Hillis is a big back but if you look at his protection from the end of last season he wore down. Defenses started to figure him out and I can't see him matching his numbers from last season. There is no way I'd trade Austin for him this year.

The wildcard on your team is Danny Thomas. Trust me, the Fins are really really high on this kid and he's going to be their franchise RB for years to come. What this means is that they are going to take it slow with his injury so as to NOT do potential long term harm to him. I know this isn't what you want to hear but it should tell you what they think of him. If last night told us anything it's that Bush is incapable of being the featured back. This means that once Thomas is back and fully healthy, he WILL be the featured back. Once this happens I think he will be a top 10 RB, most likely for the 2nd half of the year. IMO he'll be a better optio than any of the guys you are talking about aquiring. I have him too on my team and am just sitting on him for now.

Stay with your current team. Don't make any panic moves.
sheethappens
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ATLbraves » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:33 am

So you think it's a good idea for me to keep 5 WR's, even though I can only start 4 a week?

I know this is prob the best option right now since I am not getting the value I want in return, but I hate leaving points on my bench when trying to decide which WR's to start each week.
ATLbraves
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ransomgracie » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:50 am

In order of who you should go for first:

1 Benson
2 Wells
3 Hillis

i just see hillis gettin injured again and as you mentioned he has a rough schedule
ransomgracie
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby a4ce » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:27 am

I'll take Beanie. Not digging CedBen in CIN. Like a previous poster said, "8 in the box." Hillis, not so much. Schedule plus Hardesty is lurking. Just my two cents.
Cash Money Brothers! - PPR
QB: Romo and Luck
RB: Shady, Spiller, Sproles, Joique, Giovani, Miller, and Le'veon (IR)
WR: AJ Green, Wayne, Bowe, Thompkins, and Gordon (IR)
TE: Witten
K: Prater
D/ST: 'Hawks
Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K and D/ST
a4ce
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 6)

Postby yaluoza » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:28 am

mws0019 wrote:I don't think you need to trade at all. Moreno and Lynch will both have better games than what they started week 1 and your starting RBs are good. If your trading Miles Austin, you need a RB who is an auto start every week.

I like your team how it is

my thoughts exactly. if you can get maybe a jahvid best or felix jones then go for that. hillis and benson will both see pit and bal and benson might even see 11 in the box at one point
Qb: RGIII, Pryor
Rb: Spiller, Charles, Bryce Brown, Fred Jax, D.Brown, Ogbonnaya
Wr: V-Jax, Boldin, D-jax, T.williams, Collie
Te: Olsen, Gronk
Def: chiefs
K: Bailey
yaluoza
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 62)

Postby cubanrob19 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:13 am

I dont think that trade will really help you out ... you will be adding a decent RB to a team that already has a few good RB's. I can see you getting more out of keeping Austin than adding Benson.

Best of Luck! ... and thanks for your input on mine
RECORD: 1-3
QB: J.Cutler, M.Hasselbeck, T.Tebow
RB: L.McCoy, R.Mendenhall, F.Jones, L.Tomlinson, I.Redman
WR: D.Bryant, S.Holmes, Stevie Johnson, D.Nelson, N.Washington
TE: V.Davis
K: A.Henery
D/ST: Bengals
cubanrob19 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff