Matt Ryan or Chad Henne? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Matt Ryan or Chad Henne? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Matt Ryan or Chad Henne? WHIR

Postby kingdavid23 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:12 pm

My league starts 2 QB's and I'm already starting Phillip Rivers. Should I start Matt Ryan vs the Eagles or Henne vs the Texans? The Miami game seems to be a shoot-out but Vegas has the Phili-Falcons game at over under 50 points! I dont know what to do.
kingdavid23
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Matt Ryan or Chad Henne? WHIR

Postby blubomber17 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:22 pm

Play Ryan. I'd wait another week or two to see if Henne is for real.
blubomber17
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby wiggythedog » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:34 pm

blubomber17 wrote:Play Ryan. I'd wait another week or two to see if Henne is for real.

henne could easily have another good game..that still doesn't make him real.

atlanta is going to rely heavily on the run.......this should open up the passing game...how much so..i dunno...but you have to think it's going to be a big day for m turner over m ryan..
wiggythedog
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Jeff Kearns » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:53 pm

This is a tough one...

Matt Ryan seems like the logical choice at first because he's the better player, but when you stop and think about the Eagles three corners in Nnamdi, Samuel, and DRC it makes it hard to picture a QB throwin' all over the place. I do think Ryan has favorable matchups throwing to Tony Gonzalez however.

Chad Henne is too inconsistent to really rely on. I haven't seen enough of the Texans under Wade Phillips yet to really know how good they are this year. Last year the secondary was terrible, but Phillips is a helluva D Coordinator and might really make a difference.

I think I would have to choose Ryan simply because Henne's inconsistency scares me. But it's close.

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=496198
Jeff Kearns
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 28)

Postby zechs » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:50 am

I'd go with the safer option in Matt Ryan for your QB2 this week. FWIW, Ryan is playing at home so I think he has a better chance of not repeating his week 1 performance (which was a road game).
14tm. PPR+IDP+return-yds. league
QB-Cam
RB-Shady,DMartin WR-JulioJ,Colston,VJax
TE-Finley K & IDP-[streaming]
BN-JStewart,MReece,Britt,Amendola,BMyers,Kaepernick,BryceB
zechs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Chauncellor » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:36 am

I have the same problem.

I have Ryan and just picked up Henne. I was impressed by his performance against the Pats D, so it was worth an easy roster slot.

For Henne,
I think he has an easy match up again Houston and with the way he played against the Pats D, it could be a repeat. However, maybe he needs more time on the bench to see if he can be consistant.

For Ryan,
I like him at home. He has stupid good numbers at home. I dont mind the match up with the Eagles. His last performance really scared me though. Tony Gonzolas seems like he will have a big game again.

Overall, I think both are good for 250 yrd and 2 Touchdowns. Anyone agree / disagree?

Right now, im more partial to Ryan... but barely...
The Chauncellor
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mgriff480 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:57 am

I'd go with Henne. Both he and Ryan could put up decent numbers, respectively, so it definitely comes down to matchups. The Eagles' D is for real, the Texans' is not. Henne should have no problem finding Brandon Marshall and Reggie Bush often throughout the day.
mgriff480
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Who to Start/Bench